Your Watch & Naim

Excellent. The Four Musketeers!:sunglasses:

1 Like

It’s amazing that it still looks so good after all those years and all those adventures. I find it a bit sad that a lot of ‘posh watches’ are bought and then never worn or taken out of the house. Yours is the exact opposite.

2 Likes

Love this Rolex style very unique

11 Likes

A question from a friend: How come everybody like Rolex watches if they are so boring…

Tbh I tend to agree, so will be happy to change my mind thanks to this forum

1 Like

My recent experience echoes with yours - good & professional experience. I brought my watches directly to Rolex service centre. Was given a verbal quote and approximate time frame on 'standard" overhaul/services for the different watches. Received formal quotations a few days later (after inspections) - line items with prices. I seek clarifications on some items and was promptly replied. They proceeded once I signed and emailed back the quotations as approval/acceptance to proceed. All three watches were completed earlier than stated, with pouches and 2 years warranty.

9 Likes

They’re the quintessential toolwatch. Known for their quality and sturdiness, and I guess nowadays for their exclusivity. They’re not designed to be overly blingy (unless achieved by adding diamonds, gold etc. to a basic toolwatch)

If you want a quality, daily, wearer, Rolex would likely make the list. Personally I do think they’re overpriced, there’s others I’d rather buy for the money.

3 Likes

Me personally I like the Breitling Navitimer a lot among others I have

2 Likes

To each their own. I’d say to anyone who hasn’t had one in hand to go and at least try one on and feel their heft. I’m not a fan of them all but the iconic Submariner and the excellent GMT on jubilee are the sweet spots in the SS professional range in my opinion. Fans of the Naim black boxes would appreciate their stealthy, unassuming looks I assume. Less is more

2 Likes

Nice collection

1 Like

I’m a fan :joy:

Just 4 ordinary subs… :wink:

9 Likes

Wonderful

1 Like

My two

9 Likes

Stunning

1 Like

I’ve had a few Rolexes, an Explorer, Explorer II, a white Milgauss and briefly a DateJust. They are beautifully made of course, but I never felt entirely happy wearing them to the pub, on the tube, on the bus etc. They are very distinctive and while I only had a few ‘nice Rolex’ comments it just felt a bit odd and I’d rather have no comments. Ask anyone to name a posh watch and the first make they will say is Rolex and they seem to carry with them all sorts of undesirable connotations, which is a shame. Are you happy to wear yours to the pub while dressed in T shirt and shorts?

4 Likes

You raise a valid point. I have a mid-price Omega and a slightly more expensive JLC. When I first got them I was happy to go out in short sleeve shirts but not now! My friend with a GMT Rolex always wears a long sleeve shirt and I have just seen a report that wealthy Indian businessmen are stopping coming to London. It is not just the potential theft but the violence that can go with it.

1 Like

In my places of residence (HK & KL), I do wear them daily - be it the pubs/bars, food courts, public transportations etc. I’m usually in t shirts and shorts due to the heat :sweat:

It was the opposite when I was in London last year for 6 months. I was wearing the Casioak mostly.

1 Like

I’ve worn mine quite happily with short sleeved shirts on in Liverpool on a Friday night in rough pubs and comedy clubs without any worry at all. It’s all about being sensible and situationally aware. Granted it’s usually my submariner on oyster as it flys quite happily under the radar but still it’s a £10K watch.

I’ve never actually had anyone mention any of mine whilst wearing them so I guess that’s a good thing? Maybe I’d be more wary if they did.

2 Likes

I used to wear Breitling watches. Not as noticeable as Rolex, so no comments made about it on the bus or tube, etc. Wore one daily for years with no problems.

However, when changed over to the iPhone 13 Pro Max which has MagSafe, found out that Breitlings are not anti-magnetic. Contacted Breitling for advice who basically replied with, keep away.

As I had eight of them, I sold them all on and got an Omega Seamaster Diver 300m, which is anti-magnetic.

Plus I found that the designs of Breitlings were getting a bit garish. The Omega is more understated, which I like.

Mind you, I mainly wear my Garmin Epix Pro now on a daily basis, leaving the Omega for more smarter occasions.

DG…

3 Likes

What were the effects of it being non magnetic safe and how close/how often did it need to be near the phone?

1 Like