Your Watch & Naim

The second one is gorgeous,compliments.

Breitling never provided any specific details and I didn’t want to test it just to see what happened, as possibly could affect the main spring and then you need to get de-magnetised.

To be honest, Breitling weren’t very helpful and not liking the way they were going with their designs helped to sway the decision. Plus did I actually need eight watches, albeit, worn on a rotating basis.

DG…

That’s good to know. Maybe you look hard and scary!! I’m not sure about a Sub flying under the radar as it must be the most recognisable Rolex out there.

Thanks for the info. I assume it is only if you have the phone close to your left wrist?

Only asking because I want a Pitlot’s watch and really like the look of this

(Image from the official site)

7 Likes

It’s also the most copied watch in the history of watches and the oyster bracelet is as common as muck too. I think any Rolex with a jubilee or an oyster with polished centre links or PCL would attract more attention.

nice, and a bit of a famous watch too.

4 Likes

Yes, wear the watch on my left wrist as I’m right handed and have my phone on my left in a belt holster. Use my left ear for the phone as have more hearing loss in my right ear.

This was my favourite Breitling that I had.

DG…

10 Likes

Have you thought of one of these? It has an antimagnetic iron core and is smaller and less blingy too. 120 hours power reserve too.

9 Likes

Yes :slight_smile: that is the other one on my list!

Excellent. I’m not a fan of Breitling so it was one I never considered, probably because many of their watches are hyper complex bling fests. IWC are more understated. A nice thing about the Mark is the easy exchange straps. You can swap from bracelet to strap in about 20 seconds, which is really useful. I have the brown leather strap and also a brown IWC rubber strap. It’s like having three watches in one.

Same with my Christopher Wards, re the straps. Really useful. I have always loved Breitling because of their Air force connections but I too find most of them a bit OTT.

Well, if you hadn’t wasted all that money on hi-fi I’m sure you could have had one by now…

2 Likes

I think I stopped liking them after their last owner change and they started moving away from the old style with “Wings".

DG…

I hardly ever take off my Rolex Milgauss, but I don’t spend my life worrying about whether I might be mugged.

It would be bloody inconvenient, though, as the watch I have has been discontinued, also I’d be scrabbling around second hand shops looking for a nice one.

1 Like

That’s why I buy the 1990s collection only

A bit of colour co-ordination with todays watch…

7 Likes

I too prefer something subtle. I may just bid on this

(From Elton’s home sale)

4 Likes

My eyes! :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

Just because you can do something, doesn’t mean that you should.

DG…

3 Likes

I much prefer simpler, more elegant, dress watches (they never used to be called that, they were just ‘watches’) As a long-time SCUBA diver I never wanted a Rolex - proper dive watch or dive computer for me. IWC and Longines are two of my favourites, though some Omegas are good, and Cyma - well, lots really.