Your Watch & Naim

Are they so unreliable that you need two? :slight_smile:

Hardly exclusive - everyone seems to have a Rolex.

2 Likes

You’ll find that like with Naim, the vast majority of people can’t afford it. The people here are not a representative cross-section of society.

1 Like

A Breguet type xx anyone?

1 Like

So unreliable I have four😉

1 Like

Sounds like you just don’t like Rolex

I think that they are over-priced and over-hyped, but no, I don’t particularly dislike Rolex - I don’t like dive watches or similar, I suppose.

My Cheap-For-This-Thread Seiko Divers Watch -

18 Likes

The same could be said for any “luxury” item Naim included. As with most things in life it wouldn’t do for us all to like the same things. Life would be boring if we did

Then you need a leopard in your house to complete the picture

2 Likes

Only with the head still attached. :face_vomiting:

I feel similar, overpriced and too many people have them. Why not get something both better value and different. Then again, if I was gifted one, I wouldn’t sell it and I’d happily wear it.

1 Like

Nice but too rich for me! I have hifi to pay for🤣

1 Like

Parmigiani Fleurier Tonic is nice also

Yes and scaring neighbors

1 Like

Over 50 years ago I wanted a diver watch so I went to a watch shop who had Heuer Professional diver watches and Rolex Submariners. The Rolex was double price but I was eager to get a watch as my Tissot was broken and unrepairable. Also, I did not feel the price difference was worth it so I bought that beautiful Heuer.

I still wear the Heuer in alternance with a Seiko diver but with the benefit of hindsight I should have waited a bit and bought the Rolex as it would be worth 10 times more today! :thinking:

Unfeasibly sized hands compared to the face. Impressive power reserve though.

1 Like

Yeas, Rolex cost a lot of money and have good quality, but it is not exclusive - to me.
A 1016, Red Sub, 5512, 5513 are - because there are not very many of them out there.

Rolex produce around a million watches per year. That is not exclusitity in my book.

1 Like

I’m not sure where I stated they were exclusive but I take your point. However, please feel free to go into your local AD and try to buy a SS GMT Pepsi or SS Daytona over the counter today. These two particular models are amongst the most difficult watches to purchase in the world at the moment. They do make a million watches a year but they are not all readily available.

They are nice pieces, but I find better value elsewhere. I am going to inherit a 16613LN from 1995 when the time comes.