Your Watch & Naim

The models I mentioned are going for double their purchase price on the secondary market so how is that not great value? I understand your point of view but it can be levelled at anything classed a luxury.

1 Like

I work in London and have a few watches. Whenever I wear the Rolex ā€œbatmanā€ I get comments and people notice it. I have an IWC that is 4X the cost of the Rolex and I dont think anybody has ever commented on that. I dont wear the batman at all now with all the stories you hear.

There was a case at the old bailey last year where somebody chopped somebodies arm off to steal a watch, and it turned out the watch was a cheap fake. Horrible.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve heard some horror stories myself lately and itā€™s a shame we canā€™t just enjoy our watches in certain areas. Iā€™ve never had a comment on any of my watches by anyone outside of my friends and family group so itā€™s clearly a geographical issue. Maybe itā€™s time to cash in on the BLNR.

Rolex, as a brand, seems to attract its fair share of ā€œhatersā€. I donā€™t really get it; they make great watches and I love my two. Each to their ownā€¦

7 Likes

Very nice. How do you rate the OF?

Horrible indeed. All that effort to chop a hand off and all you end up with is a cheap copy.

( that no one can tell the difference from the genuine).

1 Like

Sure, Rolex are nice, but boring (imho) pieces, but I do not want them. And I am not a hater of Rolex.
They can be difficult to acquire as well. Iā€™m not on a waiting list. :wink:

And I am not going to buy a new, expensive watch this year. Last year I got a Grand Seiko Omiwatari. I have always bought watches that I love. I have never thought of making money on my watch collection.

24 Likes

If you mean the Oysterflex strap, it is excellent. Of all my watches it is, by far the most comfortable to wear.

It has rubber fins in the underside which aid comfort. Also, no irritating nipping of hairs like you sometimes get with bracelets :rofl:

2 Likes

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and FWIW I also buy the watches I like. Iā€™ve bought four and still own four. Enjoy you GS

1 Like

Beautiful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I would suggest that just because someone doesnā€™t like Rolex (for instance), it doesnā€™t mean they are haters.

1 Like

Keeping it real, as they say. Mine and Mrs @BigAlā€™s everyday wear watches :grinning:

5 Likes

GS , love it ! The green is almost British Racing Green.

It came on a leather strap as standard, but it was too short and I am in a HOT climate and sweat isnā€™t a good combination with leather straps.

I swapped it out to an original GS metal bracket soon after I purchased it.

24 Likes

Nice. And I donā€™t like green, normally.
I do like Seiko though and currently have five of them :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you. I hava a lot of other watches as well. Minerva, Lemania, Omega, Cyma, Tutima+++

1 Like

So why comment then? Itā€™s ok to not like something but feeling the need to comment negatively about it just seems a bit off to me. This is just a fun watch thread and nothing else. Let people enjoy what they enjoy and let them get on with it I say.

I had to pop into the local town this morning (Tenterden) and just happened to pass the jewellers in the high street. They usually have a nice selection of secondhand Rolex watches, and today I spied no less than three GMTs! One a fairly recent one with the big lugs and ceramic insert, and two Pepsis from, IIRC '89 and '95, all for sale around Ā£11-12k eachā€¦

3 Likes

Naim owe you big time, Richard, for these Forum shifts :slight_smile:

If anyone at head office is reading this, please pull your finger out and do the right thing.

1 Like

Oh. Sorry. I had no idea that anything other than positive comments was allowed here. I will try to remember that.

I muck about buying and selling watches. Ceramic daytonas were touching 40k (GBP) at their peak a year or so ago. I got offered one for 19k a couple of weeks ago and the guy hasnt sold itā€¦

1 Like