Your Watch & Naim

Me too, just don’t own a Rolex!

That’s a beautifully elegant watch.

14 Likes

I was replying to your post, in which you mention Covid very clearly.

Let’s stop the bickering. What we want is nice pictures of watches, ideally with some Naim thrown in.

5 Likes

I used it as a time reference as it wasn’t the case before lockdown. Apologies for the confusion

I can do the former but not the latter :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Here is mine again. :heart_eyes:

Tudor BB41 M79540

It’s a Rolex without the bollocks that goes with them. :zipper_mouth_face:

31 Likes

Likewise nice and simple.

18 Likes

My IWC MK xii automatic.

Timeless.

G

14 Likes

No objection there …

22 Likes

To move away from Rolex :grinning:

Casio GS Special Edition
Kawasaki Racing Team (MotoGP)

10 Likes

Looks well with my bike

7 Likes

Another racing watch
TW Steel Renault F1

7 Likes

And two more :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I went to a talk on Tudor watches yesterday, and we were told that Rolex watches have a particular fascination in the Uk, and less so elsewhere. I wonder if that’s the 007 connection. That was certainly the reason why my mate brought one back in the 80s

1 Like

Hans Wilsdorf, the founder of Rolex, started the company in London in about the 1920s, but was driven out of the UK by swingeing 30% taxes (!) imposed on watches, so relocated the company to Geneva.

2 Likes

I believe he was also one of a few luxury brand watch founders that were not watch makers themselves

…unlike F W Jones, a watchmaker who set up IWC Watches in Schaffhausen, on the banks of the Rhine, originally to make watches for sale in the US of A.

I posted this photo a few weeks ago of my one Rolex and two IWC watches.

9 Likes

The company was started in 1905 as Wilsdorf & Davis, with the name Rolex registered in 1908. According to Wikipedia, Wilsdorf said that ‘only great marketing is needed to make a company successful’ and heaven knows, they’ve excelled at marketing, as the idea of buying one because James Bond - a fictional character after all - wore one. There is an advert for Rolex on the back page of the Guardian most days it seems. With their relentless advertising it’s no wonder that are the best known luxury watch brand and an object of desire.