Looks like it’s going slow compared to the Casio. :thinking: :wink:

3 Likes

Can’t argue with that :grimacing:

1 Like

Lovely watch though.
I’d rather have a slightly slow watch than fast one. :wink: :+1:t2:

1 Like

11 Likes

finally found at an affordable price, full set from 2009.

31 Likes

One of the coolest, under the radar watches ever made in my opinion

1 Like

Looked up ETA movement.
Knew nothing about the company.
My understanding is that it’s a Swiss company that makes watch movements that they sell to other companies.
Quick interesting.

Personally I have 3 watches
A relatively expensive metal swatch with buttons
A solar powered quartz watch
A £30 Chinese automatic mechanical watch

The swatch needs a new battery
The solar one works
The Chinese one is unbelievable value and has a Chinese brand name. Just bought it so trying it out.

I generally wear the solar powered watch because it was a present.

I could post photos but my watches are bargain basement.

1 Like

ETA
Have been making movements for many brands of watches for many years lots of old Rolex and Omega and Breitling have used their movements before some have developed their own in house movements.
ETA still exists but no longer supply movements outwith their own group of companies.
Swiss movement manufacturer ETA SA has been developing and producing calibres for the watch industry since 1793. This expertise laid the foundations for the emergence of one of the world’s largest manufacturers of watches and movements.

3 Likes

Oh, please do, at least the Chinese one. I love cheap mechanical watches. I have a Seagull, a few Vostoks and a Seiko 5 myself. And yes, I wear them just as happily as my expensive ones.

3 Likes

Sellita.

If talking about ETA, Sellita should be mentioned. Apologies for the cutting and pasting.

" Sellita (Sellita Watch Co. SA) is a Swiss manufacturer of mechanical watch movements based in La Chaux-de-Fonds in the canton of Neuchâtel. Founded in 1950, Sellita was one of ETA’s major outsourced assembly partners for their movements until 2003.[1]

After 2003, Sellita developed its own movements based on ETA movements with expired patent rights[2] and has become one of the main movement manufacturers of the Swiss watchmaking industry.[3]

Bangalore Watch Co., Hublot, IWC, Lilienthal Berlin, Oris, Raymond Weil, Sinn, TAG Heuer and Christopher Ward (watchmaker) are among the brands that use Sellita’s movements or slightly modified versions to power their watches.[4]" Wiki.

4 Likes

Since you asked …
On the left is swatch – battery powered (it’s not working at the moment since it needs a new battery)
Middle is timex (solar powered)
On the right the chinese automatic mechanical watch (brand is lige)

11 Likes

Fascinating …
I suppose I always assumed that each watch company made it own mechanisms.
Thanks for the info.

1 Like

F91W is like the Nait of watches; nicely done!

1 Like

:drooling_face:

1 Like

Segals Law

A man with one watch knows the time.
A man with two does not

7 Likes

May I introduce the newest addition to my collection:

The Grand Seiko SBGM221:

Automatic GMT from the Elegance Collection.

28 Likes