Your Watch & Naim

GMT on Shanghai time tonight. Back to sunny Kent tomorrow.

26 Likes

Lovely

1 Like

not mine, my wife´s …

21 Likes

That’s the one I want in Rolex’s models.
She’s lucky

1 Like

I admire this watch of yours (or rather your wifes watch) and I can honestly say it is really looking great! The green dial is looking magnicficent! A decent inspiration for a potential gift to my girlfriend, soon wife maybe. Very nice indeed!

2 Likes

17 Likes

I think that what you are seeing is just the sunlight colouring the bracelet rather than being an actual gold watch, but I maybe wrong.

1 Like

Ah yes good shout I can see my mistake now, I’ll delete my previous post.

Nice and white for the summer. It’s a limited edition of 150, released two years ago I believe. It can’t have been exactly popular because they are still at dealers, but at 25% off and a complimentary rubber strap, why not?

16 Likes

One of my mates has a Bremont and they do a factory tour at Henley on Thames. I think it’s quite a modest cost; my mate went and said it was excellent.

That is a lovely watch and I much prefer a non metal strap

I bought this for my birthday. :birthday:

31 Likes

Damn fine choice, great watch.

1 Like

Your wife probably wears that (man’s) Milgauss very loose on her wrist, rather like a bracelet. The watch will be increasing in value, as it has been dropped from the Rolex range.

(I have posted a photo my black dial Milgauss above.)

1 Like

Grand Seiko Hi-Beat White Birch

22 Likes

There’s a long history . . .

The way the Swiss watch industry developed was mostly with watch companies relying on 3rd parties to manufacture many of the parts . . . including movements. Many times, well established watch companies made movements for other companies . . . the notion of an “all in house watch” didn’t really exist.

The preference for “in-house movements” is a fairly recent phenomenon; over the past 15 yrs or so.

But there remains a robust market for movements to be installed in other brands watches. Many smaller brands get started by buying movements and then modifying them; sometimes substituting parts and often decorating them with hand engraving, etc., to make them prettier.

3 Likes

Green, back in the limelight :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

13 Likes

The cerachrom OG. V nice👍🏼

1 Like

Thank you.

Green Rolex and olive Naim

24 Likes