Your Watch & Naim

The Strap Tailor will do any of their bespoke straps with curved ends and curved springbars. I have one of their straight straps and it’s excellent quality. I’m planning to get a curved one for my JLC, with quick release to avoid scratching the polished lugs.

1 Like

Hmm, I hadn’t thought of that. But indeed, the leather should adapt.

I have the spring bars themselves, but nice to know such a tool exists, I wasn’t aware. I guess you take spring bars one size up? i.e. would bend 20mm straight ones to end up with 19mm curved?

Ah, nice. They don’t mention it on their site, but I might send them an e-mail then. Thanks for the tip.

The MK xii is the high-point of design of the MK Pilot series imho. It gets everything just right.

G

Love that JLC, a beautiful watch in both style and looks, you could say its timeless.

:upside_down_face: :wink:

Not sure about the spring bar size, but worth checking!

I agree, the Mk. XII is just right. As much as I liked my Mk. XV and XVI, the love didn’t last. I once also had a black dial 3706 fliegerchrono, which I sometimes miss. It had the same narrow and straight hands as on your Mk. XII, which I prefer over the newer style.

Thank you. Almost literally timeless sometimes as telling the time can be difficult due to the hour and minute hands being silver like the dial :wink:

1 Like

I could live with that problem, such a great watch.

Enjoy.

1 Like

Yes, that.

The XV was close, but had shorter and less elegant hour markings. That simple change made the face a little cluttered and ‘heavier’ to my eye.

G

My mistake. I had the Mk. XVI and XVII (not the XV).

1 Like

What they told me was to place the order and then email them and ask for curved ends. They said if you ask for curved ends to you automatically get curved bars.

1 Like

The sun finally came out :clap:

23 Likes

Nicest Tudor I’ve seen. :+1:

3 Likes

The latest acquisition. JGL Reverso Tribute calendar & moon phase. I traded in my old Reverso to partially fund this one. This is my favorite dress watch ever. The other ones in my collection are either a bit more sporty (Panerai), or seriously complicated and leave the safe only once in a while (IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar with moon phase).

24 Likes

IWC strap ordered this morning. 4 weeks delivery and £250 :flushed:. Popped into Timpson next door. 5 mins and £19.99 later got a meantime strap. Chap even transferred the buckle.

At least I’m not now in danger of it falling off.

G

8 Likes

£200 is a snip for someone with a Naim 500 series setup, surely? If I recall, my rubber strap was £260. I wonder if IWC ever made a bracelet for the Mark XII; I really like it on my XX.

7 Likes

It is indeed ordered.

G

My local IWC dealer is Chisholm Hunter and it’s fair to say they were pretty clueless. Even though I took the strap model, size and product number in with my watch, they have still to get back to me on Monday with purchasing details.

G

2 Likes

Lovin’ that 859 :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you. I took it to The Antiques Roadshow programme today to be looked at and valued by an expert. You may see it on the TV later in the year.

5 Likes