Your Watch & Naim

That looks lovely. A nice “clean looking” watch.

Thanks. It’s lovely to wear and is light as a feather.

1 Like

24 Likes

Heavy and chunky. I’ll see how well it runs on the wrist. Timegrapher results look very pleasing.

12 Likes

Not posted this for a while. A Paolo Fanton A13-a. He designed and commissioned his own watch, based on the MIL standard clock/timer specified for military aircraft.

Movement is a quartz ETA 251264, with the subdials removed. It retains the center seconds and center minute hand for the hour timer. The bezel is aligned vertically with the minute hand to reduce parallax error reading the minutes.

Great for timing your pour over coffee in three morning :wink:

19 Likes

Nice and clear, exactly as intended! Are the pushers now dummies?

1 Like

Nope, they start, stop, pause and reset the timer

Here’s 1 minute 4 seconds

9 Likes

Aha! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ahaaa - another one of the courageous early adopters!

It’s my gada watch - and it’s great. The central minutes register makes it so very user friendly.

1 Like

I honestly didn’t expect to come across another owner - that’s amazing 8)

Have you seen the mechanical flyback? I can’t afford it, but it looks very nice!!

1 Like

I have, and I agree - and it’s also a tad expensive… especially since I already have 50/500 of the quartz batch…

And what are the chances - with only 500 owners worldwide…

4 Likes

Very numerically pleasing SN 8)

I only just replaced the original battery in mine, I think a side effect of sub dial removal was a decent battery life. I think I took delivery October 2017, so c. 6 years is pretty amazing!

2 Likes

Oh yes - had mine changed earlier this year also.
Paolo kindly set me a couple of spare gaskets as the ones in the original packaging got lost in the most recent house move.

1 Like

For anyone interested, and this is a watch thread, so by definition you all are! :wink: Here’s the packaging for the watch. I think designed to mimic spark plug packaging for aero engine plugs?

Paolo supplied a spare strap and a gasket set for the OP (Original Purchaser!). And is a lovely chap to deal with.

When I had the battery replaced the watchsmith checked the water resistance, totally fine and did not require replacement of the gaskets at that time.

4 Likes

Sea of Clouds. With some sea and clouds in beautiful Devon.

30 Likes

A 44 series case? I love these, and am trying very hard to save for a dark blue spring drive!

Gorgeous timepieces from the house of GS. :+1:

1 Like

Yes a 44GS case. I really like the style of them too

1 Like

Really like this watch, its stunning.

1 Like

Your lovely watch inspired me to dig out my Sarb 035. Not quite a GS but closest I’ll get for a bit…

21 Likes