Your Watch & Naim

When Rolez did a left hand watch recently the date window moved to the left to remain next to the winder, which looks odd IMHO.

1 Like

Yes, that would take rather more work. Not sure how much I would mind, though, if it were on the other side (were I left-handed). Date/day position seems to vary quite a bit between manufacturers - though next to the crown seems the most common. Six and twelve oā€™clock are fairly common.

Iā€™ve never really thought about this before, but reading these last few posts about left handed watches has made me realise that right handers wear their watch on their non-dominant wrist, the left. So when doing things with their right, such as DIY or even pĆ©tanque, their watch isnā€™t suffering shocks. But mine is, and thatā€™s undoubtedly why my watches seem to get scratched a lot, as they are more involved in life. Itā€™s too late to swap wrists now, it would feel really weird.

1 Like

I always looked upon this in relation to writing - better to have the watch on the wrist and not being dragged across the page with the pen/ pencil.

Peter

1 Like

Lovely watch. Would buy the same if itā€™s available after the Navitimer

1 Like

I must be even more dopey than I realised. The number of times my watch has got in the way when I was writing and I never once thought to try it in the other arm. Durrr! All those exams, all those reports at workā€¦.

2 Likes

Always wear a watch of some description also left handed watch always worn on the left wrist.

However when I was an apprentice motor technician in the early seventies a workmate was wearing a watch with a metal bracelet he reached down when working under the bonnet of a car and the bracelet shorted across a starter solenoid causing severe burns to his wrist. From that day I never ever wore a watch when working on the spanners.

1 Like

Yep, seen that happen before. A plastic Casio is a much better watch for spannering.

Even better is disconnecting the batteryā€¦before starting a job. :thinking::slightly_smiling_face:

My Rolex Milgauss, which needs a polish. I love the quirky lighting bolt seconds hand. Apparently protection from magnetic fields is very important; as Naim and its loyal fans know all too well!

20 Likes

One of the few Rolexā€™s Iā€™d like. Simple and not showy

3 Likes

I had the white version of the Milgauss. It still attracted unwanted attention, so I sold it. Life seems better with less well known brands. Itā€™s fine to discuss a watch with someone knowledgeable about the brand, but the last thing one wants is the ā€˜nice watch mateā€™ comments when out and about. Of course, some may like that, but I certainly donā€™t.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a shame, I donā€™t want that eitherā€¦ guess grand Seiko for me then as retirement present!

2 Likes

From my experience, the Rolex Explorer 1 flies pretty well under the radar. You deserve a Rolex for your retirement!

1 Like

I must be going to different places as I cannot recall a single comment about any of my watches while out in public. But then they are usually largely hidden by a French cuff during in the working week. This one doesnā€™t get out much.

13 Likes

The only people that ever notice a watch are those interested in watches
WIS for short.
Vast majority donā€™t care ā€œ bit like hi fi ā€œ :wink:

7 Likes

@Hifi-dog - forget the EXP1, go for the Daytona. With some luck on a few waiting lists, you may score it in timeā€¦

On a serious note, Rolex robberies are at an all time high, especially with the coveted sports models. Scoundrels are always on the prowl and paying attention.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what I meant ā€œ only those interested ā€œ
Good or bad. :thinking:

1 Like

Iā€™m a member on the Rolex forum ā€œ although I only have a Tudor ā€œ
But many are having watches as currency now and treating them like stamp collecting.
Very Sad. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I like Tudors. I had my eye on the Black Bay 54.