300DR+282/HicapDR+NDX connection advice

That’s absolutely fine, don’t worry about it. But try to arrange your cables so that the Snaic, which carries power, is kept away from the sensitive signal leads.

2 Likes

Aah, I see. I didn’t realise that Aux2 had RCA connections. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Thanks for clearing that up. I’ve only owned an 82 not a 282. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Right, so if I place the Napsc out of sight and out of the way of sensitive cables it should be ok even if rested on its side.

My only concern is how do I pair a new Narcom 5 remote with the 282? Anyone know please?

You don’t need to pair it. Just press ‘pre’ and it will work.

2 Likes

I’ve never tried, but it should be fine. My Naim dealer once installed a Superuniti on its side for a customer who had limited space, and he reckoned it wasn’t a problem.

2 Likes

In regards to the speakers is Ch1 Left for the speaker on my left when facing the unit? And Ch2 Right for speaker on my right?So the speaker cables cris cross on back of the unit?

After much tweaking here’s the final set up. Cables sorted so they do not touch. Napsc on its side on the floor. Brawns at the bottom and brains at the top. TT away from it all.

8 Likes

Very nicely done👍🏼

1 Like

I went to play some music through Spotify on my NDX and I was getting no sound. I went to the device and pressed the input button about 5 times. Each time it changed the input. On the last press it just came up with this error screen and the music started working. Any idea what it means?

2 Likes

I know this isn’t much help, but it amused me that there are 34 search hits for “fault 35”

1 Like

I remember there was a thread on here on how to “upgrde/improve” the NDX so that it can play Radio Paradise and so in but can’t find it. Anyone can point me to it please?

VTuner may be what you are looking for?

1 Like

Are you talking about the internet radio server setup

Or workarounds using minim server, start reading here

1 Like

Me again! I have just pulled the plug and traded in my NDX and Nova for a new NDX2.

A couple of questions please:

1. The manual shows that the contents should include a BNC to RCA adaptor. Is that the case because there isnt one in the box?
  2. What kind of cable do I need to connect the NDX2 to the 282 for system automation? I am hoping to be able to control the system through the app rather than have a remote hangin about.

There was an adapter in the box with mine, although I’m not sure why you wouldn’t just buy the correct cable in the first place if you need one, which many will not.
System automation requires a 3.5mm jack to RCA cable. You only need a mono cable, but a stereo one with just one plug used will still work.

1 Like

Page 3 does indeed list a BNC adapter. And it should be in the NDX2 box or returned given the high price.

1 Like

All connected and singing away. I dont need the adapter however it would be good to have it since it was paid for.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.