552 First Impressions

I like the fact that the heavy cast R com also operates my dCS rossini as well

1 Like

My 552 remote is still in the box and the 555 remote mostly sits unused while the narcom (or the app!) does the volume work

Congratulations and have fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congrats Graeme, enjoy the 552, it’s a great pre-amp. Once setup, my remote was never used; it’s in box. The app or the streamer remote do everything.

1 Like

Not quite, just purchased a SCDR, picking up next week… hopefully the 282/SCDR will be end game for my pocket

2 Likes

It was only a matter of time :wink:

Congrats! :+1:t5:

1 Like

Haha. 282/SCDR tends to lead to one place. Sort of one reason why I’ve gone the 2 HCDR route with mine!

1 Like

You knew…!

G

1 Like

Awaiting my 552. I have it on order. Delivery is aimed for august. Could make a good deal with the dealer who takes my current 252/SupercapDr. Really looking forward to it. The listening room is now acoustically treated s hope the 552 will shine

Iver

30 Likes

Very smart looking room, should sound great, Iver.

4 Likes

Very nice looking listing room. Did you do the room treatment on your own or is it a manufacturer who builds this wall panels?

Hey @ChrisBerlin , thanks for your note. Yes, it’s a combination of some self-work with panels bought. More details are in this thread.
Cheers Iver

1 Like

FYI. There are manufacturers of such panels in different woods.

3 Likes

It’s a bit of a game changer the 552.

I fully expect it to take a couple of weeks to become more consistent but it’s giving me a glimpse into a whole other world just now. It makes all the other steps up the Naim ‘ladder’ feel comparatively small in retrospect.

G

3 Likes

:hear_no_evil: :headphones: la lala la la

9 Likes

:joy:

4 Likes

Haha innit :laughing:

2 Likes

Not everyone can afford a 552 so stating a 252 is a waste of time is disrespectful of people who enjoy owning one. I get a bit naffed of with posts having a slight undertone of it’s not a 552 or 500 so it’s not good enough

17 Likes

“hungryhalibut](/u/hungryhalibut)

GraemeH

9m

@GraemeH I’m so pleased that the 552 is living up to your hopes. It’s a stunning preamp and a world away from the rather pedestrian 252.

I hope you will feel able to accept my hungryhalibut award for the Ultimate Anti-Mullet. I’m rather surprised that nobody has suggested that you need to improve your speakers, which of course you absolutely don’t. But when someone does, they will automatically receive the Ultimate Clown award.

I hope your lovely system gives you and the family many many hours of enjoyment.“

@anon4489532 thanks indeed. My dealer happened to have one he’d got for a customer trial a year ago. The customer went the McIntosh route instead and so it sat boxed in his store for a year during lockdown.

As I still had my NDX2 to trade plus the 252DR the uplift wasn’t such a stretch.

My Proacs? Charlton Heston’s ‘…cold dead hands’ speech comes to mind. I’ll be boxed before they are!

BW

G

2 Likes

Hi G, from one Anti-Mulleteer to another a big congrats from me on your acquisition of the 552 :+1:t3: Enjoy Peter

1 Like