Are you "All White"?

Yes but it’s about being blue

2 Likes

Brilliant album imho!

1 Like

I have made an edit to allow your blue albums…well and mine, and everyone else that has a blue album.

2 Likes

It was there finest hour in the opinion of many.

Nice thread deviation😎

1 Like

I was OK with Rega red when I used their amps but found it rather bright when I used a Rega DAC with my Core whilst waiting for the replacement of the NDS. The white from the Core wasn’t quite so out of place and now in a separate room not an issue. If I get a second 555ps it will have to be green to match the other Naim boxes.

I was going to say plague yellow and it’s the colour of clinical waste bins in the UK, here in France in l’(Herault anyway) the recycle bin has a yellow lid and the general waste a green one.

1 Like

Pink anyone?

2 Likes

1 Like

Are they actually green LEDs shining through clear plastic or is it a bog standard white LED shining through green plastic on the logo?

Still no nearer an answer……

2 Likes

Green or white?

The main message here is, that the 500 is to stay here with us for now and maybe several years ahead. I was on a demonstration of the 300 series yesterday and the guy from Naim (Sorry i forgot his name), mentioned, that naim couldn t make the 500 better with significant changes. And then we already close to the statment?

1 Like

According to Ecoustics, the 500 series is getting a change from green to white lighting:

" We have learned Naim is releasing new 500 Series components with white front panel backlighting. The change is cosmetic only and no other internals across the line have changed. Also, the new LED backlighting is fixed to white and not software controllable."

1 Like
1 Like

And specifically:

1 Like

I have been told (no names, no pack drill) that “white LEDs sound better than green”.

Hmmmm.

1 Like

The interesting question is why just the 500 series? Why not the SI , XS, SuperNait and NDX2?

Could it mean they will soon be replaced, but the 500 won’t? The SuperNait isn’t that old though.

2 Likes

Having had a Nova and Muso QB for the last 5 years, I have to say I prefer the white lights, although I dim them to medium level. Hopefully on the new versions the white light can also be made dimmable.

I thought about changeable colors too and it would be nice to give the owner the choice, but it is Naims corporate image and my guess is they won’t want us messing with it.

1 Like

Presumably Green will stay for servicing of older units?

1 Like

Do they really replace the green plastic logo at service?

I thought It was a green LED. But if it’s just the logo making it green then of course that’s different.

Good point, I don’t actually know which it is.

The logo has a number of functions apart from indicating that the unit is powered up, such as housing the IR remote sensor, and acting as a touch sensitive off switch, mute button and volume control on some units, so it certainly needs to be serviceable/replaceable.