Best internet radio anyone?

Terry this is my long list of Jazz stations all of which are OK. I do not bother about being 320khz because I find it may also depend upon station equipment. My “goto” The Jazz Groove is mp3/128 but always sounds fantastic. I have tried to cover some sub-genres.

Jazz - The Jazz Groove - Mix #1 - laid-back jazz (San Francisco, USA)
Jazz - The Jazz Groove - Mix #2 - laid-back jazz (San Francisco, USA)
Jazz - WRTI Jazz (Philadelphia, USA)
Jazz - Radio Swiss Jazz
Jazz - Smooth Jazz Global (California, USA)
Jazz - Jazz24 Radio - world class jazz (KNKX) (Seattle, USA)
Jazz - Adore Jazz (Switzerland)
Jazz - #1 Jazz Radio (SplashRadio) (Spain)
Jazz - Bay Smooth Jazz radio (Switzerland)
Jazz - The Sound of Jazz (EuropaRadioJazz) (France)
Jazz - Qfm 94.3 Cool Jazz (Santa Cruz, Tenerife)
Jazz - RelaxingJazz - Smooth Jazz from St. Lucia
Jazz - SatinJazz
Jazz - WWOZ Guardians of the Groove from New Orleans (90.7FM) (USA)
Jazz - KJazz KKJZ 88.1FM (USA)
Jazz - ABC Lounge (France)
Jazz - ABC Jazz (France)
Jazz - A_A jazz - Anthology WebRadio
Jazz - Digital Impulse radio - Jazz
Jazz - The Lounge Channel (Monaco)
Jazz - Swiss Public Domain Jazz
Jazz - Best Smooth Jazz radio (BSJ) (UK)
Jazz - Smooth Jazz Florida
Jazz - Jazz FM (London, UK)
Jazz - Frank Sinatra Radio
Jazz - Big Band Magic
Jazz - 1940s Radio GB (Pumpkin FM) (UK)
Jazz - 1950s Radio GB - old-time (Pumpkin FM) (UK)
Jazz - Instrumentals Forever radio (Belgium)
Jazz - Linn Jazz
Jazz - TSF Jazz (Paris, France)
Jazz - Naim Radio (eclectic, jazz and classical) (mp3)
Jazz - Abacus FM Jazz
Jazz - Jazz Radio Latin Jazz (France)
Jazz - Jazzradio Schwarzenstein - FluxFM (Germany)
Jazz - Pure Jazz Radio (NYC, USA) - added see below

7 Likes

Pure Jazz Radio from NYC is good too, particularly in the evenings. Another great sounding 128k stream.

2 Likes

Thanks - will check it out.

1 Like

The incomparable BBC R3 :grinning:

1 Like

I find the “High Resolution Audio” website ( Home Page - High Resolution Audio (hiresaudio.online) a great source of info including internet radio and posted many of their suggested sites here previously.

1 Like

Yes BBC R3 has been admired for its content for years, however they have lagged behind in using the highest quality now being used by many other stations.

Nor will they catch-up if they go down the non-standard and non-compatible path.
Others are now wearing their crown.

Radio Paradise always been a favourite…
however, really liking this

3 Likes

Thanks Yorkie. Can’t find this on the Naim app though :thinking:

Hi, you should see it under ‘Naim’s Choice’ on Internet Radio on the app

1 Like

Brill, yeah I see it now.

Enjoy !

I’ve enjoyed seeing folks’ replies to this thread! We’ve got FIP running on our (Ruark, sorry) in the dining room as background music. (My MuSo sits in pride of place in the lounge where less background and more listening happens. What struck me was the fact that the chatter in French was a) calm and soothing (BBC, please take note. Your presenters, especially on 6 Music, do not need to raise their voices, get excited, or think their opinion matters) and b) we haven’t a clue what is being said which, I suppose, merely demonstrates that no-one listens to what a presenter says anyway (BBC, please take note again!)

It just shows what can be done, as with the constantly excellent Radio Paradise, without adverts and inane chatter. BBC, please take note (again).

2 Likes

Reminds me of a TV transmission from Glastonbury a few years ago.
I tuned in hoping to hear Neil Young who was performing.
Instead there was Mark Radcliffe and another presenter (yes they had to have two) discussing green wellies whilst in the distance I could hear the strains of Neil Young.
Grrr.

2 Likes

Excellent! I think I may have watched the same crap chat.

On another note, does anyone think that BBC Sound Engineers do their job properly? Listening to Jools Holland is painful with voices frequently “beneath” the instruments. In a past life, I played guitar in a decent standard wedding band and we were lucky that we had a super sound engineer who, like us, did it more for the fun than the money. Sadly, he passed away a few years ago but I remember him saying that “a good sound engineer makes a good band great” and he was spot on. RIP Dave, we still miss you.

1 Like

Yes worth their weight in gold. I have been to many concerts where I wanted to go to the sound-desk and tell them to sort it !
Sometimes part of the problem is too many poor UK venues but even then good sound engineers can compensate to a degree.

Use this for remote working and while reading the naim forum… Quality is really very good

2 Likes

If you are listening to BBC Radio 3 what quality is it streaming at?
BBC channels are now mp3/128.
I found/re-found BBC R3 in aac/320 which sounds pretty good (I thought it had gone).

If you live in UK & have a Naim streamer, the obvious way into BBC R3 is iRadio>BBC Radio> BBC 3>BBC Radio 3 HD. This is HLS 48kHz 339kb/s

1 Like

one and only NTS from London. Mostly electronic/dance/club/soul/funk but also some rock/world and really some out there stuff from time to time.

1 Like

Absolutely, no playlists, no algorithyms.
NTS is the best!

Mike