Best internet radio anyone?

Thanks. I think this is my BBC R3 HD in aac/320 stream.

Yes I suspect it is. I believe HLS is a container that carries AAC.

1 Like

Naim and Linn radios obviously (at least to me) - Good music, jazzy, high sampling rates! Unless you want to listen to non-music radios.

1 Like

My go-to station is SomaFM Sonic Universe. Exclusively contemporary jazz, whatever quality format they use, there is simply no alternative.
Another worth considering is 4-Ever Floyd, for those needing a Pink Floyd fix.
Neither of the above interrupt their streams with ads.

Slightly off topic, has anybody ever tuned in to Iridian Radio? Contemporary classical and was only available via Radio 365. I say ‘was’, as they ceased transmissions a few years ago. Eclectic hardly did justice their content, mostly very listenable, always interesting. Sadly missed

1 Like

Found the 4-Ever Floyd station (streaming in mp3/128) at
http://99.198.112.59:8000/;

Perhaps I’m just being very slow, but is there a simple search function on the Naim app, or do you have to search by genre? For example, I’d like to try the NTS suggestion, but have no idea what the genre is.

As you might tell, I’m working through all your suggestions!

Thanks

1 Like

Just search for NTS in the app, you’ll see radio stations appear in the top row of your results, open that up and you’ll see all relevant options

1 Like

Thanks for that, Hollow. I’ve tried that (ie typing NTS into the Filter line) but get “no results” as a response. In the event, I’ve found NTS via “Location” but am getting the same “no results” response for other efforts as well (eg Soma). It’s very odd!

Just do a normal search as you would for an album from the home page not within the radio section. They’re all there for sure

1 Like

Hi, thanks again…Thing is, I can’t see any search function on the home page of the app. Hopefully, the attached screenshot from my phone might help explain things better… and, perhaps make your life easier if you were kind enough to tell me where to tner the search! Thanks (again!( Screenshot_20210305-141553|243x500

1st generation streamers can’t include radio stations in the search results, so your easiest option is usually to find the location of the station and do a local search in the iRadio input.

3 Likes

Thanks Chris.

I’m a blues fan and love Aardvark Blues FM from Houston.

2 Likes

Today the jazz groove west radio broadcasts pop and rock music. I wonder why!

This was also reported on another thread.
The groove jazz No jazz but rock - Streaming Audio - Naim Audio - Community

However it was a URL mistake by VTuner which is being rectified today.
So normal service for (probably) the best station on the Internet will be resumed.

Yes it is a great blues station.
aardvark-blues-fm-radio
Also Houston Blues Radio (Houston, USA) which is broadcast by the same people.
URL https://streaming.live365.com/b76353_128mp3

Listen to Radio Caroline quite a bit.

However, UNITED DJs RADIO is my current go to Station. Great presenters, minimal if no adverts and no news!

2 Likes

Pinguin Radio when I start to predict what’s coming next on Radio Paradise from listening to it 16 hours a day.

2 Likes

Yes, I love Radio Paradise but it can repeat a lot of stuff. Just had a listen to Pinguin, thanks for the introduction.

1 Like

Hi guys, lots of replies and new stuff to listen to…I’m finding FIP a good alternative to the classic Radio Paradise, although I feel vaguely disloyal…Anyway, one question on FIP if I can?

Streaming on my MuSo (or, indeed, even my Ruark) doesn’t give the artist / song details (ie on the Naim app, or Ruark screen). Is there any way that can appear? Or, is it all driven by FIP and nothing I can do to get it?