Binge Worthy TV Series

Thanks for the tip :+1:

A short series from C4 - based on the murder of Daniel Morgan -

Murder in the Car Park - Murder in the Car Park | Channel 4

He he first series of Bitter Daisies was excellent. Really enjoyed it. Not quite got round to watching the second season yet

Just watched four episodes of Citadel after recommendation by sister in law. Finding it really irritating - I have no idea what is going on

2 Likes

Quite enjoying Last King of the Cross.

Tim Roth stars.

SWMBO started us on the Citadel but we wonā€™t finish it.

Iā€™ve no idea how far it was distributed, but thereā€™s a New Zealand show called ā€˜One Lane Bridgeā€™ weā€™re enjoying at the moment - Scandi (or rather Central Otago) noir crime drama with a touch of Māori spirituality.

1 Like

Only a few so far but I like it. A modern, Ms Columbo without the orginalā€™s charm or pace but with its own appeal. And a Plymouth Baracuda kinda, maybe sits nearer Jimā€™s Firebird than a Peugeot, but heyā€¦

2 Likes

Succession ended Monday - up there with the best ever made. Brilliant.

1 Like

Also discussed on this thread:

Interesting TV - Lounge - Naim Audio - Community

(Sorry, not completely confident that I know how to post links here)

1 Like

Just finished the Rings of Power, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Now deciding whether Iā€™m up to taking on the entire Games of Thrones, which Iā€™ve never watchedā€¦ā€¦ should tie me over for all of the winter.

2 Likes

Good plan, winter is comingā€¦

5 Likes

As a life-long Tolkeinite I couldnā€™t face Rings of Power.

Game of Thrones is brilliant - as long as they had the books to rely upon. Once they got beyond the books the quality fell off a cliff. Turns out is takes a LOT of work to write people who are brilliant and insightful, something the show runners were not up to.

1 Like

Weā€™re watching ā€œthe Flashā€. Just finished season 1.

SWMBO loves superhero stuff, itā€™s easy watching for me whilst reading the forum :smile:

The first few seasons were good.

Just finished watching ā€˜Three Bodyā€™ which is a Chinese language series based on the ā€˜The Three body Problemā€™ by Cixin Liuā€¦ very high quality
Hard sci fi

Itā€™s on you tube in 4K with English subs and is excellent especially if you liked the book it is a much watch.

The guys who made game of thrones are currently doing a more western audience friendly big budget version for Netflix which looks stunning visually but I can highly record the storytelling in this adaptionā€¦

4 Likes

THANKS for posting this.

The Three Body Problem books have some great ideas.

I will be watching this.

1 Like

The Pereiphral on prime is worthwhile, based on a William Gibson novelā€¦

6 Likes

One of the best pieces of filmed drama Iā€™ve ever seen.

(If thatā€™s the one with Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey).

2 Likes

Yep thatā€™s the one. Truly class :+1:

Also just watched Gold on iPlayer; and Crime by Irvine Welch - both of these are excellent.

In all three of these I believed in the characters and felt for them.

Finally watched the last series (No.6) of Better Call Saul. I thought the whole series was brilliant. A bit sad, but brilliant. All the actors and characters were superb and the whole lot beautifully shot, scripted and directed. Itā€™s series like this which show what can be done and set the standard for me. I find it difficult to watch most second-rate things nowadays and tend to switch off after the first 15 mins when I can see itā€™s going to be the usual rubbish.

8 Likes