Bluetooth audio lag after firmware update

I just bought a Mu-So and now realise not being able to use it.
I have a beamer which streams sound/voice through BT.
When will this be fixed and is there any way to get the beta-version?

There is a fix for this but it’s not ready for release yet (see post from @stevesky above) as it will need to be integrated into the fw and tested to see that it doesn’t affect anything else.

If you wish to apply to join the beta team to test this BT functionality then contact beta@naimaudio.com

Can someone confirm the testing of 4.3.1 is in progress? According to the note from @Naim.Marketing in a different thread from mid-January, 4.3.1 was about to enter beta “shortly” at that time.

Again, I appreciate the “it will be ready when it’s ready” nature of updates and the rigorous testing, but this is not about adding new functionality - it’s about fixing a reproducable bug that was introduced by Naim in a recent firmware release. I think it’s fair to expect to have this prioritised.

1 Like

Yes, I can see that 4.3.1 is currently in Beta testing.

2 Likes

Hello. Same problem here. Can I use HDMI cable with my laptop for the sound and a secondary for the external monitor? Because now the speaker is useless. Thanks in advance.

No, you cannot directly connect a PC HDMI output; the Naimˋs have an HDMI-ARC input.
And monitors usually don’t have an HDMI-ARC out (like TVs).

There’s options, but they would require additional hardware (like extracting audio from HDMI towards digital input), or you could use an analogue out. (Not sure, which inputs your unit has.)

Would you please let us know when the beta testing will be finished?

I think Naim and the beta team will let everyone know when it’s finished. I can’t comment on beta testing while it’s underway.

Still no solution after 3 months? Give us an option to install that beta somehow?

You would need to join the beta testing group. You can request by writing to beta@naimaudio.com

1 Like

Any news on this?
It’s now 3 month

I’m afraid that neither I nor the Beta testers can comment here about ongoing testing.

I do t know whether @stevesky is able to give us an idea on progress?

thanks, I’ll try if it goes on for another month

I asked to join beta tester but there was no answer and it has been a month. I really don’t understand why do you, naim staffs, neglect this problem like this? Isn’t it important to you? Are we strangers suffering from this problem?

2 Likes

When I asked to join the beta testers they respond that they don’t need more users for testing, this was also about a month ago.
“Currently we have the maximum number of beta testers we can support, however, if you would like me to keep hold of your details, as soon as availability for you to join the beta group comes available I’ll notify you.”
It was on 25th of February…

2 Likes

I guess, it’s more than 3 months since this problem has occured. Sorry to say, if I knew it would take so much time to make a fix, I would not buy this speaker. SInce the first day when it has arrived, I’ve notice the problem with bluetooth. Looking for the answer, I found this topic, I thought, ok, couple weeks and they will send us new firmware updated. Now it’s moore than 3 months since the problem occured, and not even one single news about when we can expect to get the fix. It’s definietly takes too long.

3 Likes

Please give a word when the fix will be provided…

3 Likes

This is a so called premium service from Naim

Tip from a friend: if using an Apple device, Airplay can be an alternative to Bluetooth. At least this works for my iPad.

Hi, we’ve already read about using airplay in this topic (earlier) :slight_smile: . Of course thanks for the tip but this topic is about Bluetooth issue.
Many owners simply want to use this device in this certain way without any problems. Before the last firmware, the bluetooth connections where ok - no lag. It’s already been more than 3 months since the problem occured. How long we need to wait to get the fix?