Bluetooth audio lag after firmware update

No, you cannot directly connect a PC HDMI output; the Naimˋs have an HDMI-ARC input.
And monitors usually don’t have an HDMI-ARC out (like TVs).

There’s options, but they would require additional hardware (like extracting audio from HDMI towards digital input), or you could use an analogue out. (Not sure, which inputs your unit has.)

Would you please let us know when the beta testing will be finished?

I think Naim and the beta team will let everyone know when it’s finished. I can’t comment on beta testing while it’s underway.

Still no solution after 3 months? Give us an option to install that beta somehow?

You would need to join the beta testing group. You can request by writing to beta@naimaudio.com

1 Like

Any news on this?
It’s now 3 month

I’m afraid that neither I nor the Beta testers can comment here about ongoing testing.

I do t know whether @stevesky is able to give us an idea on progress?

thanks, I’ll try if it goes on for another month

I asked to join beta tester but there was no answer and it has been a month. I really don’t understand why do you, naim staffs, neglect this problem like this? Isn’t it important to you? Are we strangers suffering from this problem?

2 Likes

When I asked to join the beta testers they respond that they don’t need more users for testing, this was also about a month ago.
“Currently we have the maximum number of beta testers we can support, however, if you would like me to keep hold of your details, as soon as availability for you to join the beta group comes available I’ll notify you.”
It was on 25th of February…

2 Likes

I guess, it’s more than 3 months since this problem has occured. Sorry to say, if I knew it would take so much time to make a fix, I would not buy this speaker. SInce the first day when it has arrived, I’ve notice the problem with bluetooth. Looking for the answer, I found this topic, I thought, ok, couple weeks and they will send us new firmware updated. Now it’s moore than 3 months since the problem occured, and not even one single news about when we can expect to get the fix. It’s definietly takes too long.

3 Likes

Please give a word when the fix will be provided…

3 Likes

This is a so called premium service from Naim

Tip from a friend: if using an Apple device, Airplay can be an alternative to Bluetooth. At least this works for my iPad.

Hi, we’ve already read about using airplay in this topic (earlier) :slight_smile: . Of course thanks for the tip but this topic is about Bluetooth issue.
Many owners simply want to use this device in this certain way without any problems. Before the last firmware, the bluetooth connections where ok - no lag. It’s already been more than 3 months since the problem occured. How long we need to wait to get the fix?

Must have slipped by me that Airplay was already mentioned. And, yes, I also still would prefer Bluetooth without delay.

1 Like

Dear @JochenF @Wheel and all affected by this issue,

Firstly may I send my humble apologies on the delay on getting a new release out that fixes this issue.

We’ve had it in customer closed beta for quite some time, but we don’t want to release a build where we fix a few issues, but break some others in the process. Overall the v4.3 release for Muso has been pretty stable, but in a product of this complexity a few use cases will slip through the net and this is one of them and we like to soak up all reported issues in one hit, rather than a constant stream of new code releases.

Currently the schedule is to get this code release out by the end of the month. Don’t come to my door with burning torches and pitch forks if it’s not exactly to that date, but based on last internal code I see no reason why that general release schedule can’t be met now.

With regards

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Ltd.

5 Likes

Thank You for Your feedback.

Thank you for the reply.
But I am a little shocked that you thought this version of release was quite successful. I don’t know how you’d been updated previous firmwares.

There may be a temperature difference in how important the bluetooth pairing function is. In my case, the use case that you consider as a few is the only use case. I couldn’t use my audio for about four months and I still don’t know when it will be solved. I don’t want a stable version of next firmware but just want the previous firmware.

I think naim staffs are ignoring this kind of very basic, usual, and normal request. I hope you don’t think this is a malicious comment and you can give us the problem solving firmware as soon as possible.

3 Likes

Thanks Steve, I think regardless of the frustrations felt, we all appreciate you updating us on progress with the solution.