Calling all 272 owners!

Patience. My little finger says your wish will be granted…

1 Like

Is it ? As a transport there should be little difference between the two.

4 Likes

littlefinger

1 Like

I had a ND5XS2 and NDX2 at home and tried the digital outputs feeding an nDac. The NDX2 seemed slightly better however I also tried NDX2+555PS into nDac and to my ears there was a big uplift in the quality of the NDX2’s digital output when the 555PS was connected.

That was the first jazz cd I bought.

1 Like

It’s the Jarrett LP I enjoy most - and I play something by Jarrett most days.

@Ardbeg10y - there’s a discussion about that concert/album here:

1 Like

I’ve the Koln concert on a duo LP. I should inbox the turntable and give it a listen again.

1 Like

This could be explained by the reduction in noise flowing around inside the NDX2 because of being powered by the external psu - plus some uplift due to the improved supply of electrical energy flowing from the 555PS compared to the internal psu.

The EM noise within an NDX2 is arguably greater because it has a larger internal psu than the ND5XS2, and because of all the extra circuits the NDX2 has, e.g. for the colour screen and remote.

Did you try the 555PS on the nDAC?

Yes, I did try the 555PS on the nDAC but preferred the sound with the bare nDAC and the 555PS on the NDX2 which I know is contrary to popular wisdom.

Your system details just say “Naim DAC”.

Can you say what other components you have?

My system changes hence why it isn’t listed in the profile.

I was using a Supernait 3 at the time that I did this test

I would like to hear it from Naim themselves to dare to believe it, if you’ll excuse me, there are many who really have no idea, who have guessed and speculated on this matter long enough…:wink:

2 Likes

I think I need to try NDX2/555PSDR into nDAC/555PSDR. Just need to sell my remaining kidney first :laughing:

I’ve listened to both into a nDAC and while similar, the ndx2 was a bit more engaging and caused more air guitar and dancing.

2 Likes

Patience…your wait is almost over…the deafening silence from Naim is evidence…

2 Likes

:+1:
Rather, I suspect that the deafening silence from Naim is due to heavy workload…:thinking::wink:

1 Like

Or they’re just ignoring you. :wink:

1 Like

Naim never, ever, comments on supposed imminent new releases until they release them or start the teasers before a planned release. So really the “deafening silence” means absolutely nothing in itself.

2 Likes

Please Naim deal with this. It’s ruined the last two Xmas for obviously all the hifi community, heavens knows what their families have suffered, PLEASE :pray:

1 Like

Depends how deafening the silence…

1 Like