What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2024?

I got 2 of my my naim power line but comes w furutech head… is it a collaboration between naim and furutech or ?

1 Like

All non UK/US Powerline use Furutech wall connector.

1 Like

Ah I see… cos the rest of my other power line is UK … now I learned something :ok_hand:t2:

Where are you based?

In the UK, you get the following plug, but I don’t think that they do a non-UK version of this.

DG…

2 Likes

I’m based in Asia , and I have both the UK and the EU connectors

Hardly new.

Have you tried them on ?

No.

[quote=“naimophile, post:531, topic:32833”]
has anyone try chord groundaray on your streamer/dac or pre
[/quote

I tried them last year on a Chord EE8 Network Switch. It made a difference to the sound, neither could be described as good or bad, just different.

As they are £550 each, too much for a punt, so they went back. If in the £100-200 bracket, maybe worth a punt.

I admit that I like Chord products. Presently using their Ethernet cables, mains cable, EE8 Network Switch and EE1 Network Noise Isolator. (Which at £250 is worth a punt, considering you get a free Chord C-Stream Ethernet cable with it. Added a bit of additional clarity).

DG…

2 Likes

Thank for the reply … I shall google on the EE1 network isolator to find out more

Actually we don’t get a Furutech in North America, it appears to be the cheapest Wattgate plug here. Locally ~$25 for the Wattgate we get vs ~$170 for the Furutech Schuko.

2 Likes

@daren_p I have to purchase new US 3 pin to change my current EU furutech so that I can house it into my nordost qbase 3 which only accepts US pin …

I haven’t looked at mine in a long time but I believe they come with the Wattgate 5266i as standard. Based on my playing with powercords elsewhere, I haven’t been a fan of connections with phosphor bronze (which I believe the 5266i probably is). A layer of harshness seems to be removed when replaced with something that’s pure copper base metal. I have a number of the Furutech FI-50 NCF R’s elsewhere, which are my connector of choice for the more critical connections, I’m still thinking about giving these a try instead.

3 Likes

This one ?

IMG_2730

Furutech UK plug
Image from the Furutech site

1 Like

@frenchrooster

Something like this cos I need it to be US connector due to my qbase 3

1 Like

My qbase … as u can see, it’s US phase

2 Likes

Sorry wrong picture

@daren_p

1 Like

Aah, I assumed you fitted it to the ultimate - my bad.

Thanks Storm… I don’t spin LP’s anymore, but it’s really cool looking… Happy Birthday!

1 Like