Dan's thread

Still can’t believe how Naim managed to fit the production line, R&D, stores etc. into what is now Harbour Fish ‘n’ Chips !

Thinking about it, my CB 250 must have been ‘born’ there.
Updated per Richard’s post - probably not then if the move to Southampton Road happened as early as 1980.

1 Like

What’s an ex-Time Lord doing on the front sofa?

A few photos from yesterday;

12 Likes

15 Likes

And a little game of spot the difference…

23 Likes

To remind everyone, here’s what it used to look like when it was Naim’s birthplace;

30 Likes

Must have been a Tardis !

Interesting pic above, I’ve never seen a 250Pro before. Was it something Naim considered bringing to market or is it more of an in-house custom build? @Richard.Dane?

There’s someone well dodgy second from left in the second picture. It looks like a great day out.

3 Likes

The NAP250Pro came about after a request from the BBC. They were for studio use and so used balanced inputs and had extra inductors on the outputs so they didn’t require specific speaker cable length or type.

2 Likes

12 Likes

Great pics Dan and all, thanks for posting. Looks like you had a good day and Naim did you proud on the tour.

@Bjorn - there’s been a few 250Pro threads - this was an interesting one from a BBC engineer.

7 Likes

Goodness, you look so young standing to Dan’s left in both photos…

2 Likes

I notice the piece of paper laying on the floor by the Statement has DAN written on the top…

3 Likes

I had an amazing tour at Naim HQ, great to meet up with Richard, Jason, Mark and of course @dan_m even Steve Sells popped into the demo room to say hello.

Also, a big thanks to all the Naim staff who were going about their day-to-day roles especially with us old blokes peering over their shoulders and getting in the way😊

The attention to detail at Naim is incredible, from the birth of a product to the repair / servicing department our kit is in safe hands.

A BIG thanks to all involved who made the visit possible.

8 Likes

The interior pictures look amazing… the statement. wow.
Very transparent of Naim to allow posted pictures of the (very clean) workspace.

3 Likes

Yeah I was a little surprised too, we were there last year and limited to 5 guests and no photos.

1 Like

…and here’s what it looked like yesterday afternoon!

13 Likes

They clearly assumed you antipodeans would be up to no good give your criminal heritage from… oh, wait a moment…

1 Like

Clearly no expense spared on it since the Naim days!

I suppose it could be grade one listed…