DiY floorstanders for Naim Supernait 2

Thank you Mike, I like to call them “Their Majesties”. And they’ve exceeded my expectations.

It will be of interest to you to identify that there’s a pair of Totem Model One Signature speakers, dwarfed now, by the SBA 10.

Ah, and ofcourse the SuperUniti, the jewel in the crown.

Best

Rajeev .

1 Like

My speakers are back. Painted white at the paintshop (is that the correct word?? )

It’s sounds really great at the SN2/NDX set :wink:

12 Likes

Congratulations, the speakers look fabulous, a beautiful job!

2 Likes

wow… it looks very good…

the speakers next to them ( black ) look so puny :grinning:

congratulations on completing this project !

do you plan to use any out-riggers or feet for the speakers ?

They look very nice rob-z, good to see some DIY in this place.

You mean some “feet”

They are standing on some thick feet of 8mm. Which doesn’t transfer the sound to the ground.

1 Like

Well, my IPLs have fully run in now. I’ve had them for three months and noticed subtle changes to the sound. I’m surprised it has taken them so long to run in, but now they have, I’m as delighted with them now as I was when I first installed them.

3 Likes

any experience with their larger transmission line floorstanders ?

The 2 way S4TL or S5TL maybe ?

I personally don’t. They are much larger and they simply wouldn’t work in a sitting room as small as mine, quite apart from them dominating the space!

IPL speakers are awesome. I built mine (S2tlK) nearly 2 years ago and still happy with them.

7 Likes

:open_mouth:

Gosh! That’s original!

Glad you like IPLs. They do sound absolutely amazing.

1 Like

I showed this pic to my kids and they went wow !!

very very nicely done…

WAF appeal is excellent and such nice design and artwork makes an other wise boxy looking speaker so much fun…

Best regards

1 Like

well…I managed to engage my teenage daughter in this project. She draw on them. Althought it took her 6 motnhs and a lot of nagging to complete as after initial fascination, half way thorugh she has lost interest:-). Two pictures showing ‘inside’ walls.

3 Likes

Beautiful :clap: :grinning:

been a while since i posted on this topic…

I started work on an 18 inch subwoofer

I wanted to try increasing the subwoofer driver size in my room and see what happens next

Got a Faitalpro 18XL1600 8 ohm driver here locally.

Hope to have it completed soon… :smiley:

regards

1 Like

Need more bracing.

The DIY is sounding better and better :slight_smile:

Still playing with my SN2/NDX :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thats not OK :unamused:

Suggestions welcome

1 Like

Hi MPW, i guess you can see the difference. Hope you do have the tools to make it.

1 Like