Ethernet Switch and Cables Mania

And again, an end of the day spoiled by throllers.

1 Like

Who is trolling? Rotten food will always be rotten.

1 Like

Do you have golden ears frenchrooster? You give me the impression that we should all believe your experiences as concrete evidence eventhough it is only your opinion/experience.

2 Likes

I understood perfectly well and responded accordingly. Thank you.

I don’t think so. But thanks for responding.

If I were alone, it would be ridiculous to argue. These threads come and come again since many years, and hundreds of members have experienced burn in here.
And on many other forums.

1 Like

You have provided me examples of anecdotal evidence. Please answer my question, do you have golden ears?

1 Like

I’m using a white 2960 CPD. Since I’m also then going through a pair of opticalModules I’m hesitant to try an etherRegen as it could be very close or a wash (different company but same designer). The sound I’m getting is great so will stay there at the moment. Dollars better spent elsewhere (audio or otherwise).

1 Like

That is quite different! Whilst I acknowledge that in your post you said “some people” and may not include me in that, it is worth repeating that I do not doubt what anything sounds like to you at the time when you hear it (= the taste today when someone tastes the food). And my references to a desirability of blind testing have related to comparing two versions of generically the same thing, such as one wire compared with another (or one switch compared with another, etc). The restaurant parallel is, for example, comparing one chef’s beurre blanc against another chef’s: and indeed to be truly valid that should be side by side without knowing which chef is which. (And if concerned purely with taste rather than the whole eating experience it would need to be blindfolded to take appearance out of the equation…)

I think so and my friends and family say the same for my golden ears.
However no need to have golden ears, just good ears.
Would you invest in your Nd555/ twin 555dr if you had very average hearing?
Or perhaps some do that by snobism…

I understand 100%.

I was sarcastic…and not specially referring to you.

If @Peder, @Michaelb, or @Darkebear don’t help me here, I give up.
I have to prepare my dinner now. A bit late today…

It will be that ( beef, yellow egg, oignon, milk, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper) , some curry rice and vegetables.

Contrary to cables, if I leave my dinner out of the fridge for some days, it will not taste better. But perhaps should I make a double blind test for that …:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

You are indeed a unique individual since you have confirmed that you consider your hearing to be beyond that of everyone else.

4 Likes

Unjustified presumption.
And, for the avoidance of doubt, wrong.

1 Like

You asked me. I am honest and respond. People at work were sometimes surprised that I could hear conversations at a long distance.
But be assured, I have a lot of weaknesses too.

All this confirms is that you truly believe that you have golden ears.

2 Likes

We need a judge now :rofl::crazy_face::crazy_face:

It doesn’t matter. Everyone knows you are the most clever guy.

1 Like

Not me, my friends and family at least. However “golden ears” I don’t know really. Good ears and better than average, yes.
Does it make sense to continue. Where is the pleasure in that conversation?

I had realised that!

Anyway, I know you’re unlikely to agree… Enjoy your dinner (using all your senses, not blind tasting!). Take care and keep well.

1 Like