Feature request thread

I’d like to have a feature to improve the play-back options for multi-disc rips.
I prefer to see multidisc albums as one album when I’m browsing - that’s obviously easily achieved now. But, specifically, I’d like to see the option to playback a single disc from within the album when I’ve browsed to it. I’d like the tracks to be broken down by discs, with the option of selecting to play just the tracks from one of the discs.

Added support for decent Bluetooth codec on gen2 Mu-so/Qb like was present on gen1 (and would be expected on any quality device in 2019+)

Decide on principle that all settings will be available via the app. There are a few bizarre decisions on the older Uniti series where certain settings are in the menus only.

Switchable preamp outputs / internal speaker outputs via the app for all Unitis and streaming preamps.

I take @Naim.Marketing point that the lack of tone controls is a core philosophy of Naim and many others. Core philosophies do change though - such as the adoption of RCA alongside DIN, or digitised analogue inputs. The way people consume music is changing, with many starting their HiFi journey on headphones. I’d hate to see someone discouraged from stepping up to something like a Uniti with good speakers because of room issues. The substantial DSP capability in the Uniti series could be unlocked some way, perhaps via a Parametric EQ for taming room issues while keeping to the core philosophy of a straight-(ish) signal path.

1 Like

The Atom HE is great and i’m still loving, but one annoying thing for me is that if you play an album off a hard drive or stick, when it’s finished the Atom HE resorts back to the main menu so you have rifle all through the listings again to get back where you were. This is very long winded if you haven’t got a tablet or phone and just using the remote. It would great to just press the ‘back’ to go back to where you previously were. This also applies to the NDX 2 and other various Naim equipment. Maybe a future update could amend this ?

3 Likes

Added Rovi support & context help for Android. Perhaps it could have been combined with the Lock Screen Widget as feature parity for the Android app, but suspect this has more chance of at least one being picked up.

And crossed off two Chromecast related ones which supposedly aren’t possible due to hardware/licensing issues.

1 Like

Context help in the app on Android would also be nice. There is the occasional helpful reference on the forum to “just tap the “?” in the app” but as it turns out, it does not exist on Android :slight_smile:

1 Like

Added it to my list as well.

1 Like

Agreed, the lack of a back button or a play history means that you can, with a single accidental tap of the screen, lose a carefully assembled play queue or playlist with no chance of recovering it. That’s had me cursing the app on a few occasions over the years.

1 Like

There is a back button and it does go back to previous as long it is less 30 seconds or a minute, after that it goes back to main menu. If i wanted the home page i would press the home button.

1 Like

!!! Thank you. I was wondering why it seemed to do something different every time I tried to use it

1 Like

More playlist requests!
Can you implement a sort by newest.
It’s a bit of a trawl to the end of some of mine.

Qobuz playlist assignable to mu-so qb 2 presets just as is now for iRadio and spotify playlists.

2 Likes

That’s a really good suggestion that’s available on other platforms smart speakers. Press 1 for your assigned classical playlist, 2 for indi, 3 for jazz etc. Very welcomed addition.

How about a balance control for headphones. Not everyone has balanced hearing.

2 Likes

Added, as discussed here, and previously in other threads, the option to shut down the multiroom master without the music stopping.

1 Like

Two feature requests if I may be so bold:

• Dirac implementation or some other kind of room correction (RoomPerfect?). Would potentially be a huge deal if it could be made to work and work well.
  • More options for the display on the Uniti line - VU meters? Something else? Not sure, but I think it would be fun.

FANKU

3 Likes

To save confusion when a track is no longer required in a playlist how about “remove from playlist” rather than “delete”.

1 Like

‘Remove track’ may be more succinct.

1 Like

Guess which track is playing time……

It’s actually track two but you’d never know!
How about a highlight bar, I did think this had been done but may be getting mixed up with Qobuz ?

2 Likes

So any chance of “play to the end of this track” button? The idea (which was implemented on a CD player I once had) would be a quick way of asking the player to continue to play the current track to the end then stop. Perhaps it could be one of the options when clicking on the three dots in the track listing.

Why? Well, I’m often listening to a track and get called to eat or realise I need to go off and do something. I’d like to finish listening to the current track first and not be distracted by the player going on to the next track. Of course I can watch the display and close play down at the end, but that requires concentrating on the screen not the music. It’s a small thing, but I used it frequently when I had it available.

Roger

2 Likes