Firmware update v. 3.7.0

Yes the annoying thing is that we bought the TV at the same time as the Atom. Then they worked together well for almost a year. I also wish I’d known before as I would have asked which ones worked well on here first. Having never used HDMI audio before I didn’t know it was so difficult to get right.

Thanks Clare. Bit the bullet and updated the ND555 in a few mins without a hitch. Might as well have it operating at full spec as I’m sure my kids will be ‘casting’ & ‘connecting’ when they are here, whatever that means.

G

2 Likes

I’ve updated ok and wondered if anybody has noticed a difference in SQ.
I’m sure my system sounds more forward and there’s a bit more detail and slightly greater range but wonder if it’s preconceived expectations on my part.

2 Likes

If you read posts further up since the release, several different and contradicting changes were described. Which, IMHO, is to be expected if there is none

4 Likes

Just repeating last night’s listen to Bowie’s “Station To Station”.

Sounds punchier and more detailed after the upload (with which I had zero problems).

Every firmware update from Salisbury always sounds like a sonic upgrade. Marvellous.

One other improvement is that opening the app and connecting to the streamer is now twice the speed it was before.

Question: the update is supposed to enable a size edit for text and image from an Android device. I can’t find this. What am I missing?

1 Like

This was a firmware update. The text size was in the recent app update (2.22 on Android), but it’s not size edit in the app but following the system text size

1 Like

How much of the changes (if any), brought by the Firmware update, we perceive depends on the system, not only the electronics but also speakers and room acoustics.

1 Like

I believe that favourites come from Qobuz, so they’re safe. Dunno about Presets (I don’t use them.

1 Like

That’s right. 3rd party favourites are stored on your account with the provider and retrieved/updated by the app.

1 Like

Weekend and some brief listening with Chick Corea. Updated without issue and sounding rather fine, credit to the Naim techs for being patient despite the weight of demands from the community and getting a tidy release out.
Once again reminded why I love my system as much as I do!

3 Likes

I’ve updated my NDX 2, everything is working and sounding sweet. My n-SAT’s are sounding like DBLs :wink:

2 Likes

You’ll have to get some DBL’s now just to
be sure…
Did you try the Kanta’s btw?
I’m putting some run in miles on the dial on mine, not had nearly enough listening time of late but getting there gradually.

1 Like

No, I’ve decided to hold back for now as i don’t want to upset the addictive synergy that i’m currently experiencing with my system. The SN3 drive the n-SATs really well, much better than my Motive SX2’s.

1 Like

Good call, especially if you’re in a sweet spot where you are.
I’ve been plotting a course to adding an XPS DR at some point this year, just need to think how the Fraim stacks up and putting some air between boxes potentially.
On topic, actually dipping in to Tidal a bit more via the iOS app, I still tend to default discovery via Roon but no doubt it’s a beneficial feature and a solid firmware release.

2 Likes

Still trouble with playlists

If I’m loading a server-playlist with 500 tracks (the previously limit) I can only play the first 100. The rest will not be selected in random mode or direct mode.

By the way: the new sound is great!

The factory reset didn’t work, so I’ll just see what Naim Support say next week.

The fact that the green Naim logo is mainly now off suggests something pretty serious has gone wrong.

Any plans for Qobuz Connect?

So sorry to hear that. I would suggest fully powering down and unplugging. Leave overnight and try again tomorrow if you have the time. I will update the support team and see if they can get into this first thing Monday.

1 Like

That would be up to Qobuz developing the technology, so is a question for them.

1 Like