Firmware update v. 3.7.0

I’d say the higher res radio streams like Radio Paradise are definitely sounding improved on my setup.

Not sure about other sources.

1 Like

I read quite the opposite Meni. More found a difference in sound , sometimes worse, sometimes better, than those that found no differences.

1 Like

Most of what I read…i agree i didn`t read all posts

I’m still before updating to 3.7.0…waiting for more good reviews

1 Like

True, but truth be told when many say ‘night and day’ I suspect they really mean subtle in the grand scheme of things… such is the reality and perception in this hobby of ours.

4 Likes

Please read the entire thread.

Please also consider the vast majority of users whom have happily updated without commenting here.

3 Likes

Those who hear no difference are much more unlikely to post though

2 Likes

Without commenting here doesn’t mean they are happy with SQ…maybe they didn’t heard any difference

Which would be the ideal, right?

2 Likes

If so why do i need 3.7.0 firmware…i’m not using Tidal…using only my library music, i care only for better sound even i`m still happy right now

1 Like

Just imagine being a software engineer tasked with writing code constrained by the impact the execution has on sound quality.

The entire basis for the endless cable debate.

I’m running the beta version (so I won’t say too much) and to me the app and my streamers have been running without fault for months. As for the SQ I think it’s as good or better than I can ever remember. So far it’s a big thumbs up from me.

4 Likes

If’ve found that nd5xs2 sometimes awakes itself in the night.
Looks like it is a bit eager to the music :slight_smile:
However, his relay is a bit loud I should admit

There’s also many fixes, see list:

Well as surprising as it may seem, the Naim product development engineering teams did, and may still have, a method of optimising software instruction execution timing such that they can fairly reliably act as a crude tone control with the perceived analogue output. This involved things like carefully timing when to read and write back to memory, load registers etc. By doing this one was changing the noise profile of the voltage lines, ground plane and electromagnetic fields caused by the digital electronics… and as we know changing noise profiles, or what is often termed noise shaping, often alters our perception of the audio ‘quality’

1 Like

Oh, I hope it’s not in the bedroom? :wink:

Hmhh. Interesting observation. Could be some device scanning the network, and triggering the streamer to wake up?

I once also had “funny behavior”, when I switched from Ethernet to WiFi (needed the cable for another device) - on 5 GHz it produced interrupts and un-asked-for actions, due to the router switching frequency on behalf of the wheather-radar-avoidance or channel-occupation-monitoring.
I moved the Nova to the 2,4 GHz (I run different SSIDs), where nothing funny happens. (And throughput in this case is totally sufficient for any streaming still.)

It is in the bedroom - that is how I discovered this fact. I will try to check if it is related to one of the applications I use, Tidal and Naim.

I’ve given it a few days. I only have a one Naim product in my system, an ND5XS2, the rest are Exposure and Russell K. So i may have a different eperience to the all Naim systems. Also, in terms of this forum my setup is kinda entry level!

I cannot discern a difference in the SQ. Of course its not possible to do A/B comparison. But nothings made me sit up and think oh thats different.

As there are so many replies already, I am not sure if this has been discussed before. I updated my Nova a couple of days ago to 3.7.0.5270 and since then I am experiencing unexpected reboots when playing music streamed from Qobuz. I tried different titles and resolutions, but it seems to be a general problem. I didn’t experience it yet when streaming with UPnP from a NAS or when using AirPlay.
@Naim.Marketing, has this been reported before? Any idea how to nail the problem down by checking logs? I already checked the file system with the web client (http://naim-uniti-nova/webclient/) but couldn’t find any?