For those tired of downsizing threads…

There have been video posts of people’s systems before, indeed there was once a “show us your video of your system” thread.

Hi mike … oh so it’s allowed ? the video recorded with songs played or basically just video of the systems ?

Shall see what leader writes back … think it’s interesting if we could , put some sounds to the only writing forum :smiley:

I don’t recall whether they had music playing, but there are plenty of YouTube videos posted here with music playing.

IC … thx mike… for your findings :pray:t2:

1 Like

This is the thread I was thinking off:

1 Like

Youtube is sorting the royalties/rights themselves so you cannot post and share a video with music anyhow if the part that owns the rights to the music hasn’t allowed it.

1 Like

You can so long as it’s an embedded video in the post, but if its longer than a few seconds be sure any music you play is out of copyright or free of any due royalties - Youtube may still decide mute it though anyway.

1 Like

I am new the multiple box equation. Outside of my turntable, cd/dvd player, i have new XPS/272/250. I’m curious for your recommendation with non listening mode. Is it best to power off the Naim products or leave them on continuously? I haven’t talked to Naim for their advice on it.

With mine, I turn off the Amp followed by the PS which switches off 272 then onto the TT and CD when finished but 10 separate boxes it would seem a little painful :slight_smile:

What about our very own video not associating w any UTube account ? Eg I take a video now while listening and I post here… thk there’s no infringement whatsoever? :thinking:

It is if the track you play is not allowed to be used in public. Think of it like you purchase an album and setup your own radio channel for free and share that record. Not ok :slight_smile: Youtube will automatically not allow you to publish the video then. I’m pretty sure you cannot record say Taylor Swift with your smartphone and share on Youtube for example. There are records and tracks where they don’t care but a lot of music will not be possible to share. You can always play Keith Don’t Go though :smile:

2 Likes

True… thanks BB . Shall look at the old threat on this … as mentioned by mike …

Sound and music is why we are here for… sigh so much restrictions just for a simple sharing of sound (video of our own) :sweat_smile:

Thanks @Richard.Dane for your reply

All of us here has such great systems , how nice if we could listen to them here , not just cold hard pictures❤️

@Woody

Naim recommend to leave their kit powered 24/7. Switch off though when there is an electrical storm or not being used for extended periods.

DG…

2 Likes

I was about to record Taylor Swift :rofl::rofl:

All a video would show was how much you’d spent on a microphone setup and recording equipment…

2 Likes

She needs your money, no free royalties :sunglasses:

An iPhone video recording is suffice … no?