How is the Naim Supernait 3 this good!

Another SN3 owner here and absolutely loving what the CDX2.2 brings to the mix, what a combi.

6 Likes

I need to stop reading this thread, I am now missing my SN3!!! :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

lol

I’ve gotta admit it’s going to take something special (and a lot of ($, £, €)) for me to upgrade.

8 Likes

Sharing some love for the humble SN3…

Like many above, feel it’s all the integrated amplifier and system controller, you would ever want or need. Ours is enjoyed with the addition of a HiCap DR. Sounds brilliant.

BW
R

19 Likes

I agree with the praise.
Recently I aquiered a Hicap DR for mine.
It really tightens up everything.
More clarity and separation, tighter bass.
Symphonic music sounds fabulous now.
Well, everything does.

7 Likes

It looks like the SN3 will be with us a while longer with the White LED version coming along in Aug 24.

5 Likes

@james_n Glad to see it retained as mine is only slightly more than 6 months old. I assume there are no sonic differences between the green and white lights ?

1 Like

I doubt it, it’s just the change of the LED light bars behind the logo and switch assemblies. Looks like a NC integrated may not be on the release radar just yet.

1 Like

Thanks

I wonder if they will do the same with the only CDP CD5si white logo and digits. :scream:

1 Like

Supernait 3 and CDX2.2 here in tandem with an out of shot HCDR.

Just brings it, effortlessly.

12 Likes

Hey Ratrat,

I just showed my inspiration for taking my last pic and posting to my better half because I thought yours captured the SN3 perfectly.

She said “ohhh, it looks lonely”

She then added “bit like that robot in Star Wars, you know, R2D2 being without the other one”.

I replied “C3PO?”

“Yes, that’s it” she replied

I honestly have no idea how that connection was made, but there we go.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Hi @Adam1
I do like those support platforms, for your CDX2 & SN3.
Still thinking about something similar, for when the time is right.
For now, too busy playing and enjoying lots of music.

BW
R

2 Likes

Hmmmm :thinking:
Maybe bb-8 ?
I see a slight similarity, between the controls on a SN3 and the head part of bb-8.
Same for R2D2. :+1:

Some creative thinking going on …
Nice story.
R

2 Likes

I promised myself that I’d just stick to two boxes and have resolutely held that promise for a couple of years… but I often see this on the forum:

However… then I listen to the SN3 & NDX2 and absolutely love the music it plays. So far I’ve not given in to temptation, it is great on it’s own. I’ve applied the same logic to the NDX2… So for me, no need to add anything but I appreciate that others have added power supplies with positive effect.

6 Likes

I like the idea of “hiding” much of the electronics, maybe because I “only” have the living room as the possible place for the system. Even though the Naim boxes don’t look bad (I actually like the New classics as well) it is stil a set of metal boxes, not nice wooden furniture… I think you have done a very smart thing.

2 Likes

I am using SuperNait3 with Sonus Faber Olympica Nova 2. I’ve had the SN3 for about 3 years, upgrading from an Atoll IN100. SN3 is fantastic.

I recently upgraded the streamer from ND5 XS2 to NSS 333. What an incredible lift in sound quality - in all sorts of aspects. My experience is the same as so many of you have, it can handle upgraded sources very, very well.

I am still thinking I may upgrade to the new classics pre- and power amp (332 and probably 250) but it won’t happen in a looooong time as there is a lot of savings that would need to be done… I think more comparisons need to be done to see if it really is worth it. And if it is, the wait will not be hard at all, because the SN3 is so very good.

7 Likes

Maybe the development of the NC integrated is taking longer than expected. Interesting that only the SN3 is mentioned for switching to white led, which shoud mean that NDX2 will be discontinued when they run out of stock and fully superseded by NSS333, which makes sense.

That leaves us with the slimline boxes & superline/stageline still in green mode. Curious about their fate in the coming months!

5 Likes

Me too sihctr

Logically I think the stageline won’t be replaced or indeed already has with the new classic phono NVC TT

Taking it a bit further one would think a new classic Superline that could be used with the NPX 300 PS , not sure that is possible though

Be shame if the Superline is dropped altogether

1 Like