I did a thing ... 500DR to come

You mean the same cable I use for my XPSDR?:thinking:

The newer ones are red and green - red = 1 marking / green = 2… red = digital / green = analog
@Bjorn please also look into the manual - there you can see the correct plug in’s.
I think input 1 = red / input 2 = green … but please check the manual

2 Likes

Yes

1 Like

If you have the twin burndy pack, both are braided. One is effectively an S XPS, and the other one isn’t. Use the one similar to S XPS. The other one won’t fit anyhow!

1 Like

Are you sure,I have always heard that you need an SXPS ?

2 Likes

It’s the same cable. The connections and pins are the same.

Best get someone official to double check in case I am wrong!

1 Like

I think the answer is that they are not the same.

Just to be safe, I called Naim’s distributor in Sweden and they said that I should use the same cable that I use for my XPSDR, the other Burndy cables are only intended for ND555 and NDS. Many thanks for your help along the way Igel and Dan, always difficult when things are completely new to you. :smile:

3 Likes

Sorry I was wrong! But so glad you checked it out Bjorn. How does it sound?

2 Likes

No problem Dan! Just started playing but it sounds promising :smile:

2 Likes

It should sound instantly better. Clearer presentation, more detail, more defined bass.

1 Like

So you can connect a 555 ps to the 272 using the S XPS burndy ? If it’s true, I will be surprised and say you that you saved 1k.
@Richard.Dane can confirm?

1 Like

Yes you use an XPS Burndy for the NAC-N272.

4 Likes

But can you use the NDS/ND555 Burndy to connect to the 272? I thought you could. Can we confirm? I thought it was the same, just braided and maybe slightly better.

No I’m not aware that you can. It’s what the Burndy cables for the NDS come with the head unit.

2 Likes

My only complaint against the Nds : not possible to power it with 2 XPS DR. All the rails would be used, it would be cheaper, and nicer looking.

The NDS/ND555 cables are one for the digital side and one for the analogue,the S XPS Burndy do both digital and analogue.

2 Likes

@drago with you and @Dan_M both rocking ND555 with dual PS I’m feeling a bit left out :joy:

2 Likes

@Stu299 he is back… :slight_smile:
Yes we have overtaken…
Come on - You can!
No - you have a wonderful system - Kudos speaker are really delivering with 500Dr :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Big thing you did

1 Like