Interesting TV

They all looked quite glamorous - maybe the lighting or the 1970’s BBC make up department.

Bit of a shock seeing Miles Kington smoking - those were the days.

Frank Muir was coughing a bit when he lit up - obviously not impressed !

4 Likes

I watched some of the BBC Proms last night with Sam Smith. I had always thought that the proms was a celebration of Classical Music.
To be honest I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. It must have ticked nearly every tick box the BBC currently use.

5 Likes

Really looking forward to the second series of Sherwood. Starts on BBC1 at 9 o’clock this evening.

2 Likes

Not for years. The Northern Soul show in 2023 was brilliant.

2 Likes

And still available on Beeb iPlayer. :+1: :+1:

Season two of Colin From Accounts, proper grown up comedy

7 Likes

Really enjoyed The Perfect Couple on Netflix.

Two recommendations:
Sambre BBC4, French crime. It’s based on a true case, but don’t let that pu you off. Excellent acting showing the case from various perspectives.
Bad Monkey Apple+. Another cop series, set in the Keys. Quirky.

3 Likes

Is it me or has Colin From Accounts gone crap? Loved the first series but the second one seems way off with daft plots and doing the second series thing of introducing loads more characters. I’ve watched 3 episodes but think that’s it

1 Like

I think it gets better after 3 – but I wouldn’t rave about it as some are doing. It doesn’t seem to know what it wants to be now e.g. is it quirky comedy, adult stuff with anti-woke tendencies and/or, at times, a sitcom. The episode at the family house was boredom to me.

1 Like

Wyatt Earp and the Cowboy War - Netflix documentary.

3 Likes

I thought that but it does warm up, guess the first series was a bit of a surprise. It’s the tricky 2nd album thingy stuck with it it does improve.

1 Like

Bad Monkey is definitely worth watching. :+1:

7 Likes

Rebel Ridge on Netflix is a good watch. Although it is hard to believe that the Louisiana Police are that racist in modern America. Charismatic lead actor is excellent and although a bit far fetched is an engaging watch.

4 Likes

Racism is bone deep in the United States. It’s always lurking, almost everywhere. But in some places, such as parts of the South, it remains a potent and toxic force.

4 Likes

Plenty of examples of racist policing in America on YouTube.

1 Like

I am sure you are right, but the level of racism depicted seemed more like 1963 vs 2023.

To be fair, I haven’t seen it yet. I’ll probably watch it this week some time.

Eagerly awating Tulsa Kings Season 2 tomorrow.

Rings of Power Season 2 is improving steadily, silly beards apart.

1 Like