Interesting TV

And still available on Beeb iPlayer. :+1: :+1:

Season two of Colin From Accounts, proper grown up comedy

7 Likes

Really enjoyed The Perfect Couple on Netflix.

Two recommendations:
Sambre BBC4, French crime. It’s based on a true case, but don’t let that pu you off. Excellent acting showing the case from various perspectives.
Bad Monkey Apple+. Another cop series, set in the Keys. Quirky.

3 Likes

Is it me or has Colin From Accounts gone crap? Loved the first series but the second one seems way off with daft plots and doing the second series thing of introducing loads more characters. I’ve watched 3 episodes but think that’s it

1 Like

I think it gets better after 3 – but I wouldn’t rave about it as some are doing. It doesn’t seem to know what it wants to be now e.g. is it quirky comedy, adult stuff with anti-woke tendencies and/or, at times, a sitcom. The episode at the family house was boredom to me.

1 Like

Wyatt Earp and the Cowboy War - Netflix documentary.

3 Likes

I thought that but it does warm up, guess the first series was a bit of a surprise. It’s the tricky 2nd album thingy stuck with it it does improve.

1 Like

Bad Monkey is definitely worth watching. :+1:

7 Likes

Rebel Ridge on Netflix is a good watch. Although it is hard to believe that the Louisiana Police are that racist in modern America. Charismatic lead actor is excellent and although a bit far fetched is an engaging watch.

4 Likes

Racism is bone deep in the United States. It’s always lurking, almost everywhere. But in some places, such as parts of the South, it remains a potent and toxic force.

4 Likes

Plenty of examples of racist policing in America on YouTube.

1 Like

I am sure you are right, but the level of racism depicted seemed more like 1963 vs 2023.

To be fair, I haven’t seen it yet. I’ll probably watch it this week some time.

Eagerly awating Tulsa Kings Season 2 tomorrow.

Rings of Power Season 2 is improving steadily, silly beards apart.

1 Like

I loved Tulsa Kings S01, so am also chomping at the bit for this.

Meanwhile, Vince Vaughn is hilarious in Bad Monkey, and everyone is stellar in Slow Horses.

1 Like

Sons of Anarchy – watching via U’s streaming service. Violent yes, scheming galore, and storylines which would have made Shakespeare proud. Never a dull moment, and like The Sopranos, the ends are always seen to justify the means. The town of Charming is so ironic.

Sons of Anarchy | Official Series Trailer | FX (youtube.com)

2 Likes

We’re enjoying Un Amore on Sky Atlantic.

Well, damn. The first episode of Tulsa Kings season 2 was wretched. It’s almost as if the writers knew fans of season 1 would tune in anyway, so didn’t bother with wit, didn’t rise above cliché, and didn’t give me any reason at all to watch episode 2. Although, to my shame, I probably will anyway.

1 Like

I loved it. Strangely enough, racism was not the first impression I had from the Police’s behaviors, rather of that unique mix of rage, ignorance and frustration that comes to miserable men wearing a uniform…

I watched a very interesting film on Netflix, Vast of The Night. Good script and bizarre dialogues, great cinematography, an excellent actress, a weird story…