IsoAcoustics GAIA and OREA Isolation

…you are correct…I was making an assumption that the floor is rigid…if this is not the case, then it’s time to experiment!

Put a cork in (under) it. My Harbeth 30.1 speakers reside on a square folding iron bookcase/plant stand that the 2 lower shelves are filled with books. The top shelf has a silicone kitchen liner as a form of isolation, today I added 4 cork coasters, each about 1/8" thick and - it made a noticeable improvement right away. The stands are from the container store and might be considered a tad too tall, but they seem ideal to me. So sometimes isolation just takes a little imagination.

1 Like

Given that Gaia can be provided on a sale or return basis pretty much everyone can give them a try. Then we can all be experts in the effect they have on one system in one room.

1 Like

You guys are a bad influence… I ended up demoing GAIA III under my C1s today… First impressions are positive but that might be completely due to expectation bias… Hopefully SWMBO will lend a pair or ears later this week…

Compared to the default spikes, the speakers now stand 2 cm higher. Who knows if that makes a difference.
Also if I push the speakers on the top, they are compliant in both directions. Is this the expected behaviour?

2 Likes

Yes, my speakers move a little if pushed side to side or front to back. It’s normal.

Gaias under Neat XL6.
Absolutely worth the money. Suddenly I heard instruments and noises I never noticed before. They are a real upgrade.
And if you take a look ad Isoacoustics homepage, you‘ll find a lot of technical/acoustic explanation. Looks like it is a no-nonsense company, that produces highly acknowledged decoupling devices for studio equipment. Usually studio engineers don’t care about HiFi-snake oil.

5 Likes

Who provides them on sale or return, doesn’t say that on web site?

I’m pretty sure I got mine from this dealer, but at the Bristol Show on a sale or return basis. Probably worth getting in touch with them.

Fanthorpes are also usually pretty helpful in that kind of way.

1 Like

Signals near Ipswich loaned me their demo set of Gaia II + tripod feet, which I then rather selfishly kept…

I suspect that Paul at the Hifi Lounge offers a similar service.

Best regards, BF

2 Likes

I had the same issue with 11mm underlay on concrete floor and a thick carpet on top, and short spikes on the plinths of my Naim Arivas.

Couldn’t find the right spikes on Fleabay.

Then I emailed Naim and they still had some longer spikes in stock.

Analogue Seduction offer a trial. I’ve bought a few bits from them and find them good to deal with but I couldn’t get on with the Gaias (thick carpet, Ovator 400) and there was no problem when I asked to return them. I would suggest a trial for sure - OK you ay the return postage if you don’t find them an improvement but you have a good chance t see if they improve things.

1 Like

Hi

Another recent Gaia convert here added to Dynaudio Special 40s with 20 stands.

They have brought a wider soundstage and clearer bass to my system.
I would say they have brought bigger improvement than either power lines or SL din/xlr. Perhaps they are allowing the cumulative effect to flow through.
In any event they are not going back. Very happy with their effect.
Definitely worth a try.

CK

5 Likes

I received the following information, last week, from Isoacoustics:
We recommend the GAIA III for the PMC Twenty5 26. Your speaker uses an M8-1.25 thread size which is included with the GAIA III.
You can adjust the height of the GAIA’s by approximately 7mm (1/4”).
This seems to contradict, previous posts, concerning the maximum levelling adjustment on the Gaia feet.

1 Like

This would fit with my experience of the Gaia’s. I didn’t comment on the extent of adjustment before as I have never measured it. I live in an old 17th century cottage and the floor levels are all over the place, the Gia’s I fitted had sufficient adjustment to level the speakers.
I fitted them to PMC Twenty5 23’s and Spendor A4’s.

Thank you, glasnaim, for the confirmation.

Just installed Gaia II on Dynaudio Contour 60s with the M8 thread size.

Big improvement in all areas - more detail in the midrange, treble clearer, bass tightened and sound opened up even more. Combined with a toe-in adjustment I did just before adding them they sound like new speakers. Noticed also that there are more nuances coming through - instrument fingerings etc. Plus - you can crank the amp up even more before any noticeable distortion. Bang for buck - exceptional !

They look superb too - and not difficult to install assuming you have checked out the instructional videos.

Happy camper all round !

2 Likes

Mine are due to arrive in the next hour or so

2 Likes

You are in for a treat - congrats !

1 Like

I get the same impression with Gaia II fitted to my B&W 804D3s as well.

5 Likes

Lots of detail coming through here that I’ve never previously heard on CDs I’m spinning through the CDS3. Top end improvements to clarity and soundstage very apparent, the Esotar 2 really showing its stuff. The whole thing still has to settle down over the next day or so after power up so even more bonus to come.