Long-gone, once-had or childhood system pics

I spend the long dark winter evenings restoring old/vintage hifi gear. Here’s a selection of this winter’s projects. Should bring back some memories.

10 Likes

Very nice Spiderlover. The TC-377 is very rewarding to work on and sounds great for such an inexpensive deck. However, you’re a brave man to tackle the Pioneer! I have a CT-F7171 awaiting attention and it’s a bit scary inside…

I had a Sony TC377 many years ago excellent indeed I changed it for a Tandberg reel to reel can’t remember the model but it was superb then went onto a Tandberg TC310 cassette.

I, too, had a Sony TV377 - or rather a pair of them! I thought it was better than the more popular Akai, and I coudn’t afford a Revox.

Bought for messing around rather than hifi, e.g playing a loop on one while recording on the other. These days a miniature digital box can do far more, without the signal degredation!

Naim system before big sell off in 2012.

4 Likes

Perhaps it was the Iconic Tandberg 64X?
Bailyhill

I must admit, I’d rather work on a reel to reel than a cassette deck but the 7171 is a thing of beauty and actually needed minimal work. It’s almost like the designers hadn’t decided whether to go with a horizontal or vertical orientation for the cassette so they opted for the most complicated method having it at an angle!

Speaking of angles, the Sony reel to reel deck is a lovely shape and I really like the clever design of the case that allows it to be fitted two ways.

Did they make a 3001 reel to reel it could of been that model ?

No such thing as 3001 tape. 3001 and 3011 were the numbers of their tuners. In rtr might be 10xd or 64 also td20 (which I own along with tcd-340 cassette) both of which I’m just starting to use again. Just waiting to receive proper din to din cables

It looks (looked) good. Was it simply a case of too many boxes that prompted your decision to sell?

My wife as diagnosed with terminal cancer. The system was my escape from the black pit of dispair we were in. When she passed, the system was a reminder of that time and I felt i needed to move it on so that I could move on with my life. I lke Naim and still do, but sadly the boxes carry too many memories for me. That is why I have returned to music with a Rega/Linn system and not an LP12/Naim one.

5 Likes

Brad, I apologise for the thoughtlessness of my previous question. Nothing can replace the loss of a loved one but I do hope that the future now looks a bit brighter for you.

Regards

Vic

1 Like

There was of course the 3004 cassette deck, which was I imagine Tandberg’s answer to the Nakamichi 700 & 1000;

3 Likes

Vic, not at all. Please don’t apologise. I found another wonderful woman and we will have been married for 5 years in July. I am in a

good place. Indeed I am typing this in the car park of the lighthouse at the Cape of Good Hope. We have just started a three week holiday in South Africa.

8 Likes

What are you doing on here? Get off your phone and enjoy!!

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: How it looks / not how it sounds

200502_tube_technology_unisis_sig

:small_blue_diamond:Tube Technology,…this I had a little while around 1995,it is not my in the picture.
My had more gold on screws etc.
It reminds a little about Harley Davidson motorcycles :grin:.

/Peder🙂

:small_blue_diamond:Brad…I have unfortunately made the same “trip” as you.
My wife also went away in cancer,after that I did not use my music-system in five years.I totally lost interest.
This was 2005,…but as for you,…now life is brightening again.

/Peder🙂

2 Likes

:small_blue_diamond:Innocent_Bystander,…
…or anybody else,…Have I misunderstood.??

Can you not put pictures in this thread,on things you had a long time ago.?

/Peder🙂

Peder, I think IB was responding to Yeti.