Naim Chrome Bumper

The 140/62 does not need a Hicap but can benefit from one.

1 Like

No problems matching a NAC62 with a NAP140.

Unlike the 42/110, I felt the CB 62/140 offered more natural pace and timing with a Hicap, but these things can be system dependant anyway. It was a subtle difference but just seemed a bit ‘hyper’ until I added the HC.

1 Like

Gone back to Nait/Keilidhs from using Briks with various CB/Olive amps. I just hadn’t been enjoying music as much and they were a very good pair of Briks. Anyway, Nait/Keilidhs is just great and the only speaker that ever really worked with Nait for me and provided bass. I should try the Keilidhs with 12/BD160 really but just can’t be bothered. Source is Valhalla/Ittok/VM95ML.

1 Like

Me. Just acquired 72/140/HiCap.
Researching speakers b 4 hooking up.
Any ideas on using headphones since no jack.
Thanks

1 Like

You’ll need a headphone amp of some sort. There’s the Headline of course, but remember you’ll need a power supply too, at least a NAPSC.

See here:

Search out a Rega Ear headphone amp. Not in production now, so second hand is the only way (there are several on eBay UK).

Connect to the Tape socket of the 72 - BUT you need the correct lead to tap the outputs, not the inputs, from the DIN socket… :grimacing:

The 140 can drive some decent speakers so you need to listen to some to suit your room size. Low cost I would look at Dali, then work your way up from there. I prefer the sound of Spendor generally, but everyone has their own personal preference.

Another vote for small Dali speakers here. I have 2 off 72/hc/140 set ups that drive these speakers very well

1 Like

A rare item… This one is a keeper… :blush:

24 Likes

A Bolt Down very early NAC32…?

Yours, or a customers?

There was one recently on a well known auction site, but had no mm or mc cards fitted. Otherwise looked good.

Very nice, but those knobs…

2 Likes

It was serviced at Naim many years ago, not sure if knobs replaced at the time.
I have a nice BD 160 to pair it with…. Very early serial number and looks 100% correct internally…

1 Like

As the originals are now irreplaceable (and tend to split) I like the Kilo knobs. They suit the NAC12 and BD NAC32 very well.

1 Like

Just like this one??

8 Likes

Thos look a little different to the ones I had in mind, which essentially mimic the original plastic knobs. Like this NAC12 posted here by member @Wylton

6 Likes

Early original knobs(?).

6 Likes

Yup, and sadly prone to going brittle and cracking.

1 Like