Naim firmware update for legacy streamers

Yes I understand what instructions are, but a bit of guidance on whether I can proceed with Mojave would be helpful.

Sorry, my point was that if we were confident it would work on Mojave, we would have mentioned that in the instructions. Don’t mean to be obstructive, just working with the facts I have! I will check in the morning.

Many thanks Clare!

Indeed they do … followed precisely and no problem encountered :slight_smile:

Well, not quite … I had trouble finding the right USB cable to use … and inserting it at the back of the NDX where I can’t see!!!

But all working fine … can’t say there’s a sound improvement as I haven’t played anything that I played just prior to the update. But what I’ve played since … I’m happy.

Source: locally streamed from NAS -ripped CDs (no TIDAL)

1 Like

Any DSP recode on this version ? Any SQ change ?

1 Like

Hi Naim / Claire Newsome.
Installed the updated firmware 4.8.00 no problems. iPhone app running 5.22.1 as well but when I try to play Tidal music says ‘Can’t Play. Skipped Track’. Eventually ity then says ‘ERROR. Use Nnaim App’ (which I was…). Think this happened a while back and was to do with authentication and Tidal/Naim together had to fix…? Any suggestions would be useful as other appear OK. I’m on an ND5-XS. iRadio works fine.

When will Tidal do their change related to “TIDAL login authorisation update”? I assume hell will break loose then :scream:. Most of the users of this platform have no idea about this coming I assume.

Hi folks, just tried to upgrade the to the new 4.8 firmware on my UQ2 to and followed the instructions - fresh install of the CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller, fresh download of the Naim Streamer Update. Every time I click on the Naim updater App in my Mac Applications folder I get this message (screen shot). Any ideas? I guess I’m missing something in System Preferences?

EDIT: Fixed. App opening overruled in System Preferences and Naim installer now open.

Screenshot 2021-09-30 at 19.36.21

I’m probably being stupid but where is the link to the download?

Keith

I had an NDX which I registered, although I traded it in when I upgraded I received an email from Naim today telling me about the new software, and another one about my Qbs. So hopefully that’ll catch the majority of users, people who didn’t register and second hand buyers will unfortunately get a nasty surprise.

You can get it from the software update pages in Naim’s website if you can’t find the link in the instructions.

1 Like

Have you tried the usual stuff like a reset and signing out and back in again?

1 Like

Thanks David, got it :blush:

I got the email but I don’t have email on the laptop that I use for updates.

This was covered earlier in one of the several threads, but I can’t find it now. Anyway you need to go into the Mac’s security settings to tell it to accept software that didn’t come from the Apple App Store.

It’s covered in Naim’s instructions, that you read carefully, right?

Make SURE to read the instructions here

1 Like

Thanks David, yes, all sorted now. I do keep forgetting about new Apple’s over protective System Preference settings! Update chugging away.

Fixed by logging out and back in via the Naim app.

1 Like

Yep damn it forgot to do that! Yep logging out and back in sorted it - DOH!! :rofl:

1 Like

I last updated from my Mac Mini, but as it no longer reaches the streamer, opted for the Windows update from my laptop. The NDS took noticeably longer to update than the 172XS as it was only on 4.6 and needed 3 updates, whereas the 172XS was already on 4.7 and just did 2. Happy to report no issues.