Naim Fraim - is it worth it really?

Tonight’s entertainment. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

I don’t know whether it’s covered in the Fraim instructions here on the forum, but whenever I do a re-build, I do find it easier, rather than assembling the complete Fraim, to place the black boxes on each level as I build them, with one end of Burndy’s etc. connected.

Seems to be easier on my elderly back, doing things this way.

All black Fraim rules! :clap:

10 Likes

That’s what I do.

1 Like

Yup, me too.

1 Like

Be sure to grab @Richard.Dane playbook for assembly from the FAQ. It will save you time and frustration and help you get the best build.

3 Likes

Here 'tis … have fun! :crazy_face:

1 Like

And remember to tuck the assembly tools under the fraim base…not in the loft…an @Richard.Dane tip. Great if you don’t like a visit to the loft where i keep my boxes.

4 Likes

Yes indeed! Much easier. Utter ‘mare to try to thread a component in after all the shelves are in situ and built. Especially if using the balls, cups and glass.

3 Likes

I keep my assembly tools with my other hifi tools in a drawer. If I put them under the Fraim base my dogs may paw at them until they disappear. :rofl:

1 Like

Can’t think of a reason for NOT doing it this way.

Looking forward to seeing all set up, good luck.

HH, if that is a SimRak @Mon has posted then I disagree with you. I have heard my system on one of these and it is every bit as good as my Fraim. If you go to the right dealer you can arrange an audition so it is not a risky purchase.

2 Likes

My wife loves the Fraim. Her friends think it looks cool. Point 1.

It has the added merit of sounding perceptibly better than the last high dollar stand we had. Point 2.

And it is a lifetime purchase, either for you, or for the Naim guy who buys it when you swap it out for your dainty new tube rig. Been there, done that. No more. Point 3.

It is a win win win. If you can find it used, better yet. Point 4.

Naim has converted my wife. When we redo the house and I set up the Fraim fresh, it sounds better than it did when we took it down. The Fraim is my friend. Yours, too.

6 Likes

It’s not a Simrak though. Simraks don’t have the full wood sides, and have three points of contact rather than 4.

Absolutely. Not sure how it could be done any other way?

I was referring to something else entirely. In fact I recall suggesting the Simrak might be worth looking at, though I’ve never heard it.

1 Like

Hi…Ho…

7 Likes

Good investment. Always wise to build on solid foundations. :+1:

1 Like

Ah in the case I no longer disagree with Mr HH
Thanks for putting me right

Sorry HH it was my mistake.
I am hoping for a SimRak record cabinet

1 Like

The simrak looks superb. Has anyone seen a review of it?

1 Like