New firmware update

I hadn’t realised that had been a problem with BBC radio.

First impression after 4 hours of listening 3.5.1:

“Cleaner”, more detailed sound with tighter bass. Do I just imagine this or does anyone else have the same impression?

2 Likes

Is this a beta version folks are accessing?

G

No - just found it on app this morning. I am not in beta group

No. I am not part of any Beta group.

The new firmware showed up this morning, when I checked by a coincidence.

Details are here;

Do note that this release is only for new Uniti systems. An update for new platform network players will follow shortly.

7 Likes

There are almost certainly no changes to the audio processor in this upgrade, so any perceived difference in sound would likely be imagined. It’s difficult to say however if the upgrade process could have changed or reset any existing settings that may influence the perceived sound, i had this happen in the past and also wasn’t sure what the source of the change was.

1 Like

Good news …hope it’s not psychological feelings

I was not sure myself if this was something that I imagined or not.

However the more I listen, the more I am becoming convinced that the sound has improved as previously stated.

I just do not want to stop listening as it sounds so good.

4 Likes

You need more days to be sure if it did better for you

So the update went fine, but the powering off the network was a disaster, after allot of reboots of the router, i finally gave up reset, went on the school run all working now.

Interesting the last song I played was The Beatles with iPeng (more radio listening today) went hitting play it was definitely more dynamic from the first note.

More listening later…

3 Likes

You are of course right.

Let’s hope that my first impression was correct.

I honestly did not expect any changes and I was not trying to find any.

It just struck me how good it sounded.

3 Likes

Dynamic. Yes. That’s the word I should have used!:+1:

3 Likes

Same here. Kudos to Naim

5 Likes

My word this sounds very good.

Unfortunately I’m getting stuttering with 24/192 Qobuz purchases played via Roon or directly via the app.

1 Like

@Richard.Dane

Would there be any reason why I wouldn’t see this update in NZ? It doesn’t come up when I go to settings and says 3.5.0 is my installed version. ???

Cheers

You know it’s for only Atom, Star and Nova currently?

Best

David

1 Like

Whoops, thanks David. That’s what happens if you look at things too early in the morning :blush:

Richard said somewhere (!) earlier today that the new platform streamer updates would be released soon.

Best

David

I tried a Qobuz 192Khz track that previously stuttered on my Star on v3.4 and it still played perfectly.