New firmware update

You know it’s for only Atom, Star and Nova currently?

Best

David

1 Like

Whoops, thanks David. That’s what happens if you look at things too early in the morning :blush:

Richard said somewhere (!) earlier today that the new platform streamer updates would be released soon.

Best

David

I tried a Qobuz 192Khz track that previously stuttered on my Star on v3.4 and it still played perfectly.

How were you playing it?

Through the app actually.

You said you had issues Roon as well? Any specific tracks? But they are downloaded purchases?

My NDX2 was stuttering again last night from the Core, first time for a few weeks,

1 Like

This is sounding stonking on latest.

6 Likes

Fingers crossed 3.5.1 does the trick.

When will arrive the new firmware 3.5.1 for nd555…is there any date?

No date available yet. I would imagine it will be released once confirmed all well in the beta test.

I am one of those who had no problems updating from 3.4 to 3.5 and I believe I detected an uplift in SQ. It is strange but I am now unsure if I should update to 3.5.1 when it is available for the ND555. Never hesitated before in updating Naim firmware.

I certainly plan to wait a bit to see if anything untoward materialises with 3.5.1 with ND555s out in the field. Hopefully, 3.5.1 has been more thoroughly beta tested than 3.5!

3 Likes

Updated Nova to 3.5.1. Went much more smoothly than 3.5.0. 24 hours in and so far so good. BBC has lost the occasional blip and overall SQ has changed for the better (a change was not something I was expecting). I have not (yet) done a power off reboot after the update - probably do that over the wekend.

1 Like

Just heard from Naim that the hope is to get the 3.5.1 update for the network players out sometime early next week.

4 Likes

I updated my Uniti Star to 3.5.1 yesterday (including unplugging from the mains after the update) and so far so good. With 3.5.0 I had odd issues when streaming from my NAS (UPnP) but today no issues at all :grinning:

1 Like

Perhaps not, as the 1 on the end of 3.5.1 is just a patch/fix to 3.5.0

But equally it should do no harm either. If 3.5.0 is working for you then keep as is.

Thx …Richard good news to wait for

From Support today oddly - I was very clear it was my NDX2

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

The issues that you describe were a bug that got into the 3.5 update. We have fixed these issues with the 3.5.1 update that went out yesterday. Please update your unit, sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Kind regards

It was purchased file from Qobuz (an old B-52s album that sounded dire the other day, but really good last night until it started stuttering).

I’m not entirely convinced my internet is performing as it should currently, will need to do some more tests this weekend.

1 Like