New firmware update

We have got full integration with Qobuz or am I missing something?

Perhaps a little sarcasm I think

I was a bit sarcastic indeed. Apologies for that but idea remains. This App, functionality and operation, is not to the standard we should expect today.
Since at it, I wish we had, among a few other things, the flexibility to reshuffle order of listed albums, tracks and iRadios, and were not stuck with chronological order or creation or import.

@Richard.Dane @Naim.Marketing

The random reboot issue, related to firmware 3.5.x, remains unsolved.

I had a couple of reboots today, “silent reboots” (no music playing).

I was reading when I noticed the ND555 reboots.

I got used to that.

I hope Naim’s dev team will provide us with a robust, and fully tested, 3.6 version of the firmware.

It would be extremely disappointing, from a customer point of view (who paid his 500DR series system full price), to get another wobbly version of the software…

As things stand, it would be wise to take as much time as needed before releasing a new version of the firmware.

Naim builds incredibly good electronics, it would be a shame to tarnish its image and reputation with software related issues.

9 Likes

Hi @Chag, under Favourites, albums, tracks, artists and stations can be sorted and filtered by various options. Presets can be drag-and-drop custom ordered.

I have been in touch with Naim Tech Support for the issue I described in my topic of some days ago (Qobuz via Naim App on ND5 XS2).

nothing to complain about the assistance I received from Naim Support, including a very detailed remote network analysis. anyway, the Qobuz issue still persist and the new firmare is supposed to be the solution.

I’m confident in the new firmware; that’s why I didn’t cancel Qobuz subscription yet!

regards,
Stefano

1 Like

Will we get the capacity to organise Qobuz albums streamed in favourites alphabetically / by artist etc?

Mine are still in the order selected.

Thanks

Graeme

Hi @GraemeH, this functionality is already available in Favourites->Albums by tapping ‘A-Z’ (filter/sort) at the top-right of the screen.

However, only after you tap “More”, and More is only visible after scrolling down (at least on Android and even on a 10" tablet, not sure about iOS) which is far from obvious

1 Like

Thank you both. I didn’t have ‘favourites’ input selected but now all sorted!

BW

G

2 Likes

Many thanks for highlighting this - I have now found it and it works! (iOS here so it seems to be the same as on Android)

1 Like

@Naim.Marketing
@Richard.Dane

Another sunday morning freeze.

I had a complete freeze after 1-2 seconds playback.

I find it baffling that a device of that price point embeds software containing so many unhandled exceptions.

I believe it is important to note that : all streamers share the same issues, even if not reported!

Same software, same hardware : same issues.

Really Naim/Focal, it’s time to check who’s not doing its job…

6 Likes

Are you a beta tester? I can understand why you might not want to be one. But if not give it a go.
You get to help and see where things are going. Otherwise you are left in the cold wondering whats going on.
But once on the inside…

Current and latest beta clears a lot of previous issues for me. Looking good.

I hope the guy who just posted asking about the reliability of the Nova before buying one…

You shouldn’t need to be a beta tester to have a hi-end streamer work when you want it to though, to be fair.

5 Likes

It shouldn’t be long before the latest Fw is released from Beta, so hang in there.

4 Likes

I get to help… are your serious!?! :astonished:

I’m sorry but Naim is no charity institution, neither is a free software group like OpenBSD or GNU Linux.

Naim is a company which goal is to make profits.

It sells products, and we buy them (or not).

Paying for their products, ok.

But, helping Naim debugging products I paid (a lot) for… seriously…

It’s like buying a Ferrari, having problems with the software controlling the engine and having Ferrari telling you should help them debugging the software embedded in the care you paid a fortune for… really!?!

10 Likes

I do get it. I used to whinge and moan about the firmware on my brand new ndx2. But being part of beta has allowed me access and influence. And, right now, it just works. No issues here.
Yes, you should not have to, but if that’s the best ( or leat worst ) option give it a go.

Are you paid, in a way or another, for you time and work?
If not, your paying twice for your Naim product.

3 Likes

Yes, but not by naim.
I see it as helping others.

1 Like