New firmware update

iOS update available from the App Store in Canada

Not seeing the iOS update in the app store here in the states as of yet.

I updated about an hour ago-should be there.

Thanks, I didn’t check close enough, all updated.

Downloads easily here in Spain with Google Play Store into my Android mobile.

Not much seems to have changed so far.

Slightly bigger imaging and a lot less, but still present, doubling-up of “Album Covers”.

Pull-down tab at the right. side still doesn’t work…

There were quite many fixes - not all immediately evident, but for instance it will now save manual network settings if you change them. This can be quite handy when needed :slight_smile: “Tap for options” also works. And so on, list is here: https://community.naimaudio.com/t/new-app-release-ios-5-20-android-2-20/14694

What’s the “Pull-down tab at the right” that’s not working?

It’s a pull down tab. It’s on the right hand side of the screen. You know, exactly the same sort of function you get on Google lists, for instance, to enable rapid spooling up or down through them.

Hi Mike, please could you post a picture of the tab you mean and we’ll take a look?
Thanks, Tom

Ah, so the scroll handle, to drag for faster scrolling? This is actually kind of working and has as long as I tried to use it. However, it is very difficult to actually touch it, in particular if the favorite list is long, as it becomes tiny. So yes, is pretty useless in practice at least for longer lists where it would be useful.

The alphabet like on iOS is much better, but is an automatic iOS feature. It seems that on Android there is no single Android feature that does this automatically, it differs between apps. Roon used to show an alphabet at the bottom of e.g. album or artist view (not at the scroll handle) in version 1.7, which was, I believe, their own implementation. (Is now gone in 1.8 though and replaced with a letter when you drag the scrollbar - another thing that got worse for no reason). The Google apps (e.g. Contacts) have something similar that is, I believe, provided by Android but the app developer has to actually use it.

Are you in the beta group? Else I would report it. Edit: Ah, @tomvamos is already on it :+1:

iOS App available in Italy! :wink:

1 Like

Yes, that’s the one I thought. It does work IF you manage to touch it, but this is close to impossible

Thanks Mike, Currently, what you see is effectively a marker and not a handle so you’ve rightly highlighted the need for a better ‘fast-scroll’ feature on Android. It’s now on the road-map. For now, please keep scrolling by using the whole-screen scroll.
Thanks, Tom

2 Likes

First time updating for me am I right in saying a ra232 to usb cable to the computer will work

The last few posts on this thread are discussing a recent Naim app update, not a firmware update. Sounds like you have a 1st gen. streamer, in which case the anticipated firmware update doesn’t apply to you as it addresses a known issue that affects the current range.
Having said that, it’s worth checking that your streamer is running the latest version which is 4.7.

Experienced my first ‘random’ re-boot during a listening session last night. In the run up to the re-boot, the tracks on the album I was streaming from my NAS were making clicking noises - there were lots immediately before the re-boot. It was almost like listening to a vinyl album with lots of pops and clicks. Has anyone ecperienced this change or degradation of the sound in the run up to a re-boot?

Thanks Chris yeah running 4.4 about to try and see if can download 4.7
Thanks

Not sure I read about vinyl-like popping and clicking, but vaguely similar things were mentioned, like “stuttering” and dropouts. Luckily the firmware update seems to be looking good still in the beta group, and unless something unforeseen happens I don’t think it will take much longer

This new Naim app update behaves like magic…
Select Qobuz and the app disappears.

Just experienced the same. Rebooted the iPad and logged out of Qobuz in the Naim app then logged back in. Behaving so far…
Should I restart the streamer?