New Naim Internet Radio - feedback & requests

@Stevesky since this update using naim app in daily basis for radio. Love it.
I see in the app that for Groove-Salad for some songs the album art is shown. It is not (yet) shown on the naim NDX2 screen. Could I please request that in a new update this would be possible?
Attached how it looks in the naim app

I don’t use HDMI on the Mu-so 2G but whenever I unselect it in Input Settings it doesn’t go away from the Home page and the option shows it is still selected even when I restart the app.

Can you please add Jazz24 back !

Hi @uds

It’s already in the system. Here are its details:

Best

Steve

Hi Steve

Thank you for your reply
Not sure what’s wrong at my end but it doesn’t appear in either the jazz genre or funk/groove genre and on my favourites it just had a big triangle warning and doesn’t play

I suspect that one is for vTuner. Delete it and add it again?

It’s not clear from the app UI, but radio listings are now for your location only.

Just search on the main app device homepage (using magnifying glass) and it comes up. This search is not geo-locked.

Note: you need to manually expand “Radio Stations” every time.

I’ve found it and it works fine. If you go to North America and then Jazz you’ll find it.

Thank you - yes it was in North America and jazz - well hidden but worth finding :smiley:

It’s all jolly brilliant. But I do miss the Mother Earth ‘planet’ art; the replacement way less cool.
(I’ll get my coat.)

1 Like

Hi,

Presets with the warning icon next to them are old VTuner presets. Browse/Search the new directory, play and resave the presets and all will be good again.

As the two systems are very different and we don’t want to infringe any VTuner IP, it needs to be a manual process.

Best

Steve

Thank you

Thank you

Hi @Stevesky,

I may be going mad, but when I added the new radio streams to my ND555, I could have sworn that all the FIP stations showed track/artist info; I even remember going to tell my wife this was the case!

However, the metadata now seems to have disappeared.

Was it ever there, or have I just imagined the whole thing?

Cheers,

Ian

1 Like

Hi @IanF

i think Radio France had an issue this morning based on looking at logs for FIP. It seems to be all over the place.

Seems to be stable now. Not our side - a backend issue somewhere between Radio France and XPeri.

Can you try again.

Best

Steve

2 Likes

BTW - just saw a post from Naim about the new internet radio service on Instagram.

Links to this page, including (minimal) release notes:

(You could argue about the part on “seamlessly update your favorite stations and presets”.)

I’m always listening to Pure Classix Rock, which is now probably Pure Classix. But now I miss all the metadata.

+1 on this. I listen to The Music Machine 1 and The Music Machine 2. I used to get both the band and track name; but now I only see the track name. Also, I have noticed that c.50% of the time the size of the font on my NDX2 screen changes to a very small font that is hard to read, whereas the rest of the time it is large and fills the space. The meta data in the app is much improved I should add but does only seem to give me the track name and not the band info or sometimes nothing at all.

1 Like

Thanks Steve,

I updated our Qb this morning and FIP kept stopping, which ties in with your observations. I powered the Qb down and all has been well since, at least in terms of stream stability, though based on what you have said, this might be coincidence.

The lack of metadata is still an issue though, on both the Qb and the ND555; all I see now is the station name and bitrate.

Cheers,

Ian

Hi @What_Are_You_To_Me

On The Music Machine 1/2v it should be getting extended meta for both:

If its not working as shown above, can you post some screenshots.

Best

Steve