New Naim Internet Radio - feedback & requests

Hi, thanks for the reply. So this is a shot of my NDX2 for the last track they played, which was Sweet Dreams by the Eurythmics. It was not showing up in the app and then appeared in the last 10-20 seconds of the track. And it is still showing that whilst Oasis are playing now.

Both have now updated but only the track is shown on the NDX2:

ps. it is not a huge deal as I am happy with the service, but I thought worth sharing :+1:

Hi @pkoot

We have two streams for this station:

The MP3 320K one has metadata from the station.
The FLAC (lossless one) does not.

From the screenshot posted you’re on the lossless feed.

As this comes from the station we can’t do much about this.

Best

Steve

@Stevesky

Obviously I am not hammering the new Naim radio service hard enough on either my NSC 222 or Atom HE, as, having reset my, admittedly not substantial, presets list I found no difficulty if finding my original choices together with a few new ones and have enjoyed listening to them thereafter without issue……

Given the historic grief with Vtuner I confess to being delighted.

For my listening environments, I also find the new firmware much to my taste, and obviously appreciate the delivery of Tidal Max hires.

ATB, J

1 Like

Hi @Camphuw I have always used a Windows 7 machine, which is my ‘personal’ laptop, i.e. not related to work or work tasks.

Happy to help any Naim user out, in the Dublin region with the upgrade once available.

1 Like

Can this new internet radio service be enabled on a NDX please?

If so - what is the procedure?
If not - why not?:slightly_frowning_face:

TIA

Not yet, but it should be coming.

1 Like

Please read above posts. It’s pretty clear. Update app and updates firmware ndx and go with the flow
I have ndx2. No guidance needed

Will Uniti Star now display track information when playing BBC Radio 3?

Hi @JBinOV

On the front panel, no. On the app yes.

Example:

Best

Steve

Hmm, sure? It is on the Nova, if proximity/info selected

Hi @Goodname1

It will give the track title at the moment on front panel, but all other XPeri extended meta is on the apps only.

Best

Steve

1 Like

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the great work - just noticed I couldn’t find FIP HD on the new service… is it a licensing issue?

Hi @herve_bouzillard

FIP is in the system + podcasts.

See:

So search for ‘FIP’ or browse to France → Radio France and they’re all in there.

Best

Steve

I can’t recall exactly if it was possible with the old system, though thought it was, but is there any way to make addition of new stations self service? Or plan to add that in future? Or template a support request type for it?

edit:

Ok, so it helps to read the exam question X) Still, I hope there are plans for something a bit less impacting on Naim staff time?

Hi @gthack

As this is a new service and we’re rolling out to 100000’s of customers we’re very focused to keep the issue/fix cycle very tight at the moment. The forum wouldn’t normally get this much of my time :slight_smile:

As mentioned somewhere in this vast thread, we are rolling out user added stations support around mid November. However, for all users it’s great to get missing stations in, errors corrected, the better quality streams that only the station’s boss lover knows about in the system etc.

So overall, if there is something not right, please shout. If legit then we’ll fix it.

Best

Steve

4 Likes

Oh, it’s the HD feed by default… :partying_face: thanks!

Ah, really sorry to miss that! I usually try not to ask questions that have been answered already :blush:

Thanks for the response too, appreciate the time and all the effort that’s gone into this new service as well.

I own a naim uniti 1st generation that is never been hardware upgraded to support 24/192. When the update for those platform will be available, will my uniti be able to access the new iradio platform ?

1 Like

Will there be an update for the HDX as well?