Pics ‘From the Listening Position’

Having seen all three of them in the past year or so I have to disgree – Nick’s Saucers are the ones doing it best! I’m sure @steviebee will agree!

10 Likes

He does. I was genuinely surprised how good, nay, great SoS were - just goes to show.

But Nick has pedigree - witness Fictitous Sports. A real step away from Floyd with Carla Bley…

Edit/ The one Floyd member I’ve not heard the solo stuff of is Richard Wright. I must find some.

2 Likes

I hadn’t heard of that one. And with the wonderful Robert Wyatt singing, and Steve Swallow on bass. I’ll give it a spin.

1 Like

After Rog’s Amused To Death and Dave’s self-titled 1978 album, it’s the best solo Floyd waxing Nigel. And the lyrics are wonderful.

2 Likes

Thanks Kev. I do like Carla Bley. Her recent ‘Berlin Sessions’ is excellent.

3 Likes

Rick’s solo stuff is a bit meh. Wet Dream (1978) is feeble, despite some top-notch collaborators; . the Identity album (1984), made with Dave Harris of Fashion under the moniker Zee, is very dated; Broken China (1996) is the best of the bunch but is quite challenging in places.

2 Likes

We’re going tonight, safe to say we can’t wait!!

Getting there … a whole house built to give those DBLs room to shine :sweat_smile:

67 Likes

I usually take challenging to be a good sign, worthy of hearing…I hope?

There’s good challenging though, and just plain twaddley witless challenging!

1 Like

He’s playing the same playlist every night so far on the tour. Safe to say you won’t be disappointed! :sunglasses:

1 Like

:hot_face:wow

1 Like

Oh, I’m sure of that, thank you.

Better than the other way around

1 Like

Wow indeed.

3 Likes

What a lovely space. It’s a good thing you have DBLs to fill it.

2 Likes

I like that a lot too, I’m a big fan of exposed concrete when it’s done right

A special night listening to Hiromi and her band… couldn’t be better!

7 Likes

My listening position tonight, and boy was it a good one!!

15 Likes

Awesome. Why do you have the DBLs on wheels? Does it affect the sound?

Not much more than a bare wall…