Screen Freeze Update?

My Nova froze today whilst using Spotify connect and required a 3 sec power button press to sort it out. Hasn’t happened in a while but I’ve sent details to Naim as I know every case might sort the problem in the next update.

New permutation on the screen freeze, currently showing Radio 6, while I’m listening to a ripped album. Naim support ignoring my request for an update on the promised “fix”!

1 Like

Hi everoyne, it seems like the new firmware is fixing it!

1 Like

Really? Not so here. It’s still happening about every two weeks. I just switch off the power supplies and switch them on again. I’ve got used to it now.

Have you updated yesterday’s firmware release?

G

Clive, see here;

Richard, screen shot of my ND555 showing no update available?

1 Like

Might be worth powering down and power up to reboot it, see if it thenfinds the update?

I’d agree with Gazza - try a re-boot. If it still says no update available after a couple of days then get in touch with Naim tech support.

I tried a power re boot still no update available, will try again in a couple of days.

3.4.1(4513) is probably beta…

Ok that’s done, although I assume this is the same as the last beta. Funnily enough, after launching the update although the iPad showed that it was unable to find ‘rooms’ as usual during update, the screen on the ND555 stayed completely blank for about five minutes before I saw the first update screen. Let’s see what happens re screen freeze in this production release.

1 Like

I just experienced an issue with the screen on my NDX 2 again with fw 3.5:
After a short listening session during my lunch break, I left the unit on but did not play any music for about 3 hours. When I came back to listening NO album art came on, just a black screen. After switching to standby and on again, the screen worked as usual.
Has anyone seen this too?
I am wondering why it took me only 3 days to identify issues after extensive testing at Naim for months.

This may be some other issue at play. However, I’ve let Naim know and will await their response.

Perhaps you would like to join the Beta team? The more testers the better…

Thanks Richard. I already informed Naim Support about it.
I am in the Beta Testing group, but for some reason only got test versions of the Naim iOS app via Testflight, not streamer firmware Beta versions to test.

OK that’s great. They’ll need more info so if you give support as much info as possible that will be a big help.

While listening to music, the second day after the new firmware update, my Nova suddenly started an automatic reboot.

After the reboot the screen went black and I had to perform a manual restart in order to get the screen up and running again.

You have to keep an eye on the beta testing group in the forum. Each new beta firmware release is announced there with instructions on how to download and install it. Also that’s where you report your findings. You don’t get an email for firmware like with the IOS app because that notification is part of Apple’s system not Naim’s.

Best

David

Ok David, I must have missed that part. Thanks.

1 Like

When a new firmware version is available, you should see a small update icon appear in the top L corner of the app and on the L side of the Rooms screen. So if you miss the forum notification it shouldn’t matter.