Show us your Sondek

very much echo your comments on karsouel - the sound of silence !!!

Cirkus is a great bearing, Karsouel is exceptional!!!

4 Likes

And a lovely fluted plinth :wink:

2 Likes

They have many detractors but those components can do that to you. Excellent system.

1 Like

‘Old Smokey’ was born in ‘79 and the original lacquer finish started to flake some years ago. I stripped it and applied a good furniture polish but it wasn’t looking great recently so it was stripped again and refinished using beeswax leather balm. This has brought up the grain nicely and given a soft sheen very similar to the original finish.

25 Likes

It’s on the ‘show us your turntable’ thread, so it may as well be on here as well!

Walnut plinth with Radikal, Tiger Paw Akula/Khan/Javelin, DV20x2, Ulrika

37 Likes

That’s a beaut Ian.

Cheers Kev
btw, next BLA should be announced this coming Friday :+1:

2 Likes

I will be hovering over my computer, several browser windows open!

2 Likes

Is that inside information Blackstar or is it looking at previous release dates?

Just the general info from the Hoffman forum, comes from Mark Adams (editor for bowienet -blammo) & is usually correct :crossed_fingers:
With this info though, you’re not allowed to order the vinyl until Kev & I have ours secured!! :joy:

1 Like

Lol - I will try my best but it’s not guaranteed. Been successful with the first 3 + box so I hope it continues. Thanks.

Hmm, but I´d rather miss flutes :smile:

Sorry for the diversion, just found this thread and thought I might get more response.
Thanks

:heart:

Just had a look, nothing unusual!

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time Magpie
:heart:

Brand new stock walnut LP12 with Karousel, Kore, Trampolin 2, Linn Basik Plus, AT 750SH cartridge, Mose/Hercules mkii, Stageline.

Very happy to be back after 35 years away from playing records.

42 Likes

I have a fairly standard LP12. Trampolin, Cirkus, Ittok LV2 and Lingo 3. Phono is through a Stageline and a Dynavector DV-20X2. Next upgrade will be a Karousel and Kore. The problem is I’m using my NDX2 too much at the moment I feel as though I’m neglecting my turntable.

19 Likes

You may change your mind once you have the Karousel/Kore :wink:

2 Likes

Simply beautiful, @Graeme.
Congratulations and enjoy …

1 Like

I felt the same about neglecting my record player, but surprisingly the Karousel hasn’t made me want to use the turntable any more frequently. I also upgraded the cartridge at the same time, but the ND555 is so good!