System Pics 2022

Good choice - the 282 is a great preamp.

I’d just put the NAPSC on the floor for now - it’ll be quite happy down there. Just treat it like any mains power supply and keep it away from the sensitive components like the 282. You may want to select mute on the bottom row of record out buttons if you’re not using this functionality. It may gain you a small increase in SQ as this section powers down when muted.

8 Likes

NAPSC cable is long enough, put it far away from 282 (under the rack, behind the rack etc.)

2 Likes

Yeah I have that section muted on both my 82 and my 282. The NAPSC for both is away from the unit too by a decent amount (this was the initial picture of it in place).

1 Like

Yeah it’s miles away now

1 Like

Speakers are 60cm from side wall and 30cm from rear wall. I will be experimenting between 10-40cm (I have read titans often like being close to a back wall). They are 2.5m apart and my listening position is 4m away. Kudos would say it should be 2-3m away. They have an instillation guide on their website.

My last speakers were Dyn Focus 140s. Not C20 but still had that lovely dynaudios bass. I would almost say “sweet” sounding?

The 606s are very different. They are very revelling. Music now sounds a lot more “live” or “real”. I have had them a year, and only now are they sounding how they should, having set them up properly, so take care with this. They are both detailed and “musical”. Well recorded tracks sound sublime, poorly recorded tracks sound terrible. Some albums I just don’t enjoy anymore, but Iv found new albums in my old collection I now love.

I’ve only got a nap 200, but they sound their best from 8 o’clock onwards. If I want to play music quieter, then I really need to be only 2m away. I have read that better power amps (esp. nap300) sound much better at lower levels. That’s on my radar for future upgrades.

Rich

I wrote the his when I demoed them:

If the curtains are thick enough with ample folds, you will surely hear a difference. The difference can be an improvement or the other way round depending on system balance and taste.

2 Likes

250DR is super and a natural partner to the 282 (if your speakers aren’t too demanding the system will be perfect).

Not sure mention of non-Naim PSU (or picture) is within forum rules??

Hey Kacper, I recognized your old speakers. You’ve made progress, Gr Arie (from Lex)icom)

1 Like

Love the woofer, but it looks like it may be burned out.

2 Likes

Than you for your reply!

Interesting to hear. A friend has the C20 in his set (vinyl set up) and it is everything else then un-engaging. The speakers are very vivid and the foot doesn´t want to stop - so actually the opposite from what you describe.

I also evaluated the c20 and the 606 as close contenders for my next speakers ( beside of ATC´s), but would love to hear them home first ( not so easy here where I live).

Will be interesting to hear, what you report after hearing the 606.

Hi Arie :grinning:, yes indeed, R6 on the Gaia’s are really nice!:ok_hand:
PS: Did you like a Dutch Audio Event? I think besides Latham room which was nice of course :wink:, Gryphon entertained pretty good too​:+1:

Thanks!
Kacper

Correct. As per forum rules, discussion of unauthorised modifications to Naim equipment, which includes 3rd party power supplies, fake “SNAICs”, 3rd party Burndy leads etc. is strictly forbidden. At best, they will not give you the performance Naim intended, and at worst they may damage your Naim equipment and their use may void any Naim warranty.

3 Likes

May be awhile til I can hear the t 606 as my dealer has not even started carrying them yet also my understanding is that one of the finishes has been dropped but I expect there will be a replacement. It may be out sooner than the mythical 272 replacement.

Collected the boxes at the carpenter today. In the living room now. Kind of big. 104x59,5x 46,5. Time to install midrange drivers/ horns, cables and the get them measured in the room.
Aluminium parts will come later. Perhaps next year?

31 Likes

Very easy speakers to drive and smaller room too.

My modest system

Thanks

84 Likes

Your “modest” system would still be the envy of a lot of people I know.

19 Likes

Looks good!

1 Like