System Pics 2023

It went through next doors garden, over the fence, through patio doors of conservatory, through kitchen and into living room.

So I had a skip anyhow and then sawed the sofa into small bits. Took an hour of ripping with a knife and sawing up.

Then I went to Midlands, picked up Sopra 2s in van and drove back and installed speakers. 55kg each apparently!

2 Likes

Here is sofa being dismantled!

6 Likes

Apartment in Brussels was the same. I donā€™t think even the lobby was large enough to take a small two seater, let alone the lift or fire escape style, stairs.

1 Like

And of course not having the sofa has meant bigger speakers and Three Stacks of Fraim, better acoustics and so on. I now have one sofa.

2 Likes

Picture of my latest music system being delivered

22 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

Iā€™ve not used the PX100s, but just had a look at a couple of other forums. Opinion on which is best seems to be split, but generally coming down on the side of the PX100s.

For future reference or for others thinking of doing the same,
turn sofa upside down
remove base cloth
look up inside arms , see bolts holding arm to body and remove them
remove the arms
everything (3 pieces) will now fit through doors

Itā€™s a 20 minute job. Sorry you had to do it the hard way, but it is more fun.

3 Likes

I think replacements are available from sennheiser or you might find some looky likeys from another market place - this it what I did a few years agoā€¦

Is that why it is called a 3 piece sofa? :rofl:

3 Likes

Danā€™s is in more than three pieces now, it is in Sofa heaven! @Dan_M iā€™m impressed with your dismantling skill. I usually really like DIY speaker projects, but you have hit on something here that also reaps SQ improvementsā€¦.impressive :+1:

2 Likes

I better post a system pic before I get shouted at:
White and green together in harmony :thinking:

19 Likes

I have gone from three piece sofa to 3 stack Fraim. A true story. Guests and my children now need to sit on :rofl: floor if there is no room on existing sofa or stand

2 Likes

Just need to get some bean-bagsā€¦ :grinning:

1 Like

Great Hi Fi but sitting on the bones of our arse. :roll_eyes: :grimacing:

2 Likes

Indeed. I did consider an armchair but with three stack Fraim there is no room. Itā€™s a case of HiFi first, guests lower down the chain.

3 Likes

No bean bags required. Am happy with what I have done! Itā€™s sound first here!

2 Likes

My sofa wasnā€™t constructed like that at all. Nothing was bolted or removable. Framework was nailed together. Nothing was removable. Whole thing had to be hacked up! Ripped leather cushions out and then cut the fraim up into pieces. Nothing could be unbolted or removed. All sofas are different construction I guess.

1 Like

Spelling error saying Fraim rather than frame which is apt. Will not edit!

1 Like

Anyway guys donā€™t know how to say this. And hope you donā€™t mind. I have had two recent scans following battle with anal cancer. It now looks like I have liver cancer. Iā€™ve got two emergency scans coming up and consultants review in 4 weeks.

What I can say is I love this forum and I love the support you have given me. And I am so glad I have done the upgrades I have done. It has made me very happy. I am 50 years old and have 4 kids aged 3, 15, 17 and 19. I will fight this for all I have.

I love you guys and thank you for all the support you have shown me.

Anyway, back to system pics 2023. Letā€™s celebrate our systems.

116 Likes