System Pics 2023

I did think about it, but I already have about 900 CDs so decided to stay on that trip. One day maybe… when I can afford to go out and buy a substantial amount of vinyl to make the outlay on the system worthwhile.

In the streamer, you can add amp modules to the selekt. The top organik streamer is the Klimax and that cannot have a built in amp added as far as I know.

1 Like

It has two Stereo Power Amp Cartridges that are fitted as extras.

You can have up to three cartridges fitted in the three available slots.

DG….

4 Likes

Nice! Btw, how does a guy from the UK end up with a UC Santa Cruz hat?!

1 Like

Thanks. I was over there in 2010 on a 4 week course in the summer. Great memories! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Diamonds don’t come as big as bricks

I would like to add something else. The Linn Selekt has fantastic space optimization. Since I can’t handle the bass in my room, I’ve been looking for solutions. The Nova is a top device, but I haven’t solved the problem with it. I remember discussions here that the DAC in the Nova is war away from the NDX2. With the Linn Organik DAC I now have an all-in-one device with a top DAC. I listened to the Selekt at home again for two weeks and also compared the MC input with my Goldnote PH10 plus PSU. I may also sell these two boxes. That would be another advantage. The Selekt Edition costs a lot of money in the edition version. 10k€ more (with the amp and the stereo organik) than the nova, no question. I find it exciting that the electronics between Selekt Classic and Edition are apparently identical. However, there is a big difference in sound. I can’t imagine that this is only the case because of the optimized housing. That’s my personal view at the moment, which is why I’m changing.

We also have 2 first generation Muso QBs.
Unfortunately I can only use Qobus via the Nova. I have been having problems connecting the devices in the multiroom for a long time because they are not displayed there, even though they are available in the app. So I connect via airplay and that works with the Linn too.

3 Likes

How do you like your Sopra N2? I have N1’s and thinking about moving up.

1 Like

I used to have N1 too before this. I moved up and never regret it. I feel the sound become more “meaty” and the treble is more realistic without causing fatigue (I don’t have enough english vocabulary to describe a sound quality :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, but you can see what I mean).

It’s never fatigue-ing either with N1, and the mids were full and real with N1, but I guess the additional two 7" woofers on N2 make even more and big improvement. I also put Isoacoustic Gaia I on its feet and that also must make something I guess.

In short, money well spent​:+1::+1:, BUT… need to have more patience for the long burn in period.

So you have now the Selekt (not the Nova anymore right)
What about sound…asking because would assume as “space Opt” impacting the bass, it should have not only benefits by “changing/affecting” the overall sound signature as well.

By the way your sign still mentionning the Nova :wink:

NC 250 taking a break, 222/NPX300 and Nait 50 running the main speakers Kerr K320s. What a flexibel and joyful system, either way both source first and systembalance imo :blush:

31 Likes

I ordered the select this week and it will be delivered end of January. I had a select at home twice in total over three weeks.

Crucial for me, the bass does not buzz, it is clear and dry. I didn’t notice any negative aspects when activating space optimization. The bass is the only difference for me. Sound is very detailed, very big room/ stage, good separation, authentical natural timbres. Groove and fun factor is no less for me than with the Nova. I was always surprised after returning the selekt how muffled and blurred the Nova sounded and was very dissatisfied

4 Likes

Would you mind to share how you find the nait 50 compare to NC250 please? Thank you in advance.

1 Like

My new Nova has now arrived at Audio T in Portsmouth. Considering that Naim suggested a replacement only two days ago, that’s pretty good going. Hopefully I’ll be able to pick it up tomorrow.

16 Likes

It’ll be interesting to hear how a non-run in device sounds against one fully run in. Typically you dont normally get to do that comparison side-by-side.

Fantastic setup :ok_hand:

1 Like

Hi
I find it hard to compare them, they perform very different in my setup. I would say they represent two different worlds and I could live with both. I would say 250 is much better, and at the same time not, they are just different and both great. I`m glad I own both and can switch between them now and then.

S

2 Likes

Loving the headphone stand can you give me a heads up on who the manufacturer is ?

1 Like

It’s the Focal headphone stand. £249 before you ask.

2 Likes

Thank you.

As HH advised, not cheap, but looks good and excellent quality.

Took me ages to find one and eventually got one pre-owned from a dealer at a better price.

DG….

1 Like