System Pics 2023

Thanks. Happy New Year.

1 Like

Those KEF Metas plus sub woofer makes so much sense if you want to avoid large stand mounts

1 Like

Cheers Ian, sound pretty damn amazing in tandem, probably saving me a small fortune in electronics upgrade path too…

Thank you Wenger :+1:t3: Will contact you via Richard, hey we are literally neighbours :rofl: Best Peter

Are your SL2 so lacking that you need to add a sub. I tried adding a sub and it was not a good result. Ok it was a B&W 610 ASW but for me did not work with line level from Supercap. It was better with speaker level inputs. I find my SL2 lacking with certain music replay but put this down largely to my horrible room acoustics.
I think they will do much better in my extension in France than the squarish room in Germany

1 Like

The BK is connected high level via the SL2 speaker terminals, its hardly on but adds a lovely richness to the overall sound stage.

The BK XXLS400 is a sealed sub and works very well with the SL2s, I’ve done plenty of tweaking to the point were the BK has virtually disappeared.

1 Like

Wow what a room and setup!!

1 Like

Wowzer

The point I’m making is that adding a sub is not going to fix poor room acoustics. Also with certain music I would say that the speaker really needs to work properly with the room to sound « right ». Mostly this is the case and the sub brings not very much

Have always wondered what 2 pairs of those Gurus would sound like stacked?

The same as one, just more effortless.

A couple of changes over 2022…

CD555 which is absolutely magnificent and the addition of a 2nd PS….

Happy new year to all

44 Likes

75 Likes

By all means Peter :grinning:

1 Like

No longer using Naim but still UK :uk: brand PMC.

60 Likes

Nice to see an x-pack in such a system. :+1:

1 Like

The X-Pack works exceptionally well for its price point…

1 Like

Looks great! I’ve been looking for a way to combine getting my system onto Fraim while keeping it in the same place as the TV rather than taking up extra space in the living room (due to household requirements…). Please can you let me know what your TV stand/table is? Thanks

2 Likes

I’ve been following some of the sub threads, with a view to that being my first 2023 indulgence. BK is one that has caught my attention so I wanted to check on a few things if I may. I note you have one sub and it’s sitting outside of the SL2s and directed straight ahead. Does that skew the perceived bass to the right, please? Also, is it connected to both speakers or just the SL2 next to it? Are you using the neutrik lead? I note that it stands slightly forward of the SLs - has that brought any issues of its own, please?

Like you, I’ve come to the view that I probably need one. Intuitively I feel like I should have two but your write up and those of others would suggest one is enough- especially if it is barely on. I’m space constrained so was thinking about a BK double 10” box.

Agree. Bought mine for its looks but have been amazed at the SQ, even with a budget cartridge.