System Pics 2023

Linn Sondek for you Mike :crazy_face::crazy_face:

2 Likes

Perhaps the Name of thread should give you a HINT!

It is titled “System Pics 2023” and not “Random Thoughts” and that should be a clue…

…and a quick photo of a system to follow the theme of the thread.

31 Likes

Well said :wink:

Free virtual beers on @Pete_the_painter in The Grand Cafe. The place for beers and banter.

3 Likes

I think that is a lovely bit of kit.

Whilst there are huge systems , much smaller systems are often more interesting.

Some have vintage equipment and some are designed to a specific brief.

Mine has gone through drastic downsizing, for non audio and aesthetic purposes.

I don’t hanker after the multiple box systems but lI hope the people who own them take pleasure both from the sound and the sense of ownership.

This forum is as much for people with a Muso as it is for those with a Solstice and Statement

8 Likes

A bit clinical to my taste, but very elegant!

Thanks, I should get my eyes tested.

I love a good Pilsner. :+1:

Banta is in short supply these days, I blame the cost of living crisis. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

It’s not your eyes John, it’s the never ending strain & disappointment of following our lot…

2 Likes

The 300DR will shortly be replaced with 350 and moved to second system.
I know position of 606s looks odd, slightly sitting in bay, but trial and error suggests it is best place.
On retirement, my most productive years by far were between 50 and 68, when some big technological developments were achieved. I still potter through advising a few companies, but my main interests lie elsewhere.

53 Likes

Top man.

If @Richard.Dane had made a similar comment to mine, would you have replied as you did to me?

Threads going off topic for many posts makes the forum pointless and thread titles irrelevant.

6 Likes

The answer is yes, quite likely.
My opinion is not determined by who is listening.
You are not able to know how or what I may or may not reply (or say) to anyone else.
If a few words worry you, simply scroll past and read another post.

5 Likes

excellent system!

1 Like

I thought last year was bad but the Birmingham first half had me thinking of the alternatives.
26 years of Delia and we’re left with a sh*t show.

2 Likes

Wrong thread @SimonDC

At least it’s a picture :joy:

8 Likes

:clap: :clap::clap:

It’s all going horribly wrong. Diversions about retirement. Stuff about football. Posts meant for the Music Room. At least I’ve not mentioned getting ready for a colonoscopy on Wednesday and how I’ll therefore be spending the day tomorrow. Oops.

11 Likes

Here’s hoping they gave you pills instead of the gallon of “gunk”!

As far as retirement goes, I’m 46 (early colonoscopy – boo!) and my pension kicks in at 57. My plan is to time my retirement down to the minute.

Here’s a photo of my stereo:

35 Likes